ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Reserve  Hop To Forums  Army Reserve Discussion    Not Paying Soldiers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not Paying Soldiers
 Login/Join

posted
In my short amount of time in the reserves I have heard about the threat of not paying soldiers for failing to have PT uniforms, or not having the correct haircuts. Is this legitimate? And if so, can you please link me to the appropriate regulations? I have never personally witnessed a soldier actually having their pay withheld.

My platoon sergeant informed me he was going to withhold pay from one of my soldiers for 2 MUTAs for failing to bring his PT uniform, but still made him remain for the entire day. This just doesn't sit right with me, and I want to make sure this is in fact the correct procedure. Thanks for the help.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 04 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yeah, NO.

CDRs are the only one's authorized withhold/forfeit pay. And there is a process involved.

Posts: 259 | Registered: 23 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Can you elaborate further? Just talked to my soldier and he received a U letter today, for two mutas he was present for. I would like to help him out but I can't find anything concrete to go on. Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 04 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Call the hotline!!! Smiler

http://girightshotline.org/en/...es-from-the-reserves

http://www.nationalguard.com/f...ry-attendance-code-u <--A good thread on same topic.

If you are his leader, then handle the matter up the chain. If not, have the Soldier deal with it by addressing it with his first line leader; up to the 1SG and Commander.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There is more behind this. Hard to advise when all the information is not available.

Posts: 259 | Registered: 23 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
AS a former UA in the reserves no he cannot, only the commander can and as stated he needs to do some paper work first. If the soldier signed in and the commander signed the roster he is to be paid.

Posts: 19 | Registered: 08 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post