ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Reserve  Hop To Forums  Army Reserve Discussion    Reserve to officer?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reserve to officer?
 Login/Join

posted
hello everybody im 22 years old and im interested in becoming an officer. A recruiter told I could go enlisted reserve, and when I finish my bachelors I could try to switch to become an officer? is this True? can you guys give me a little explanation of the process? thank you

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by johnsons:
hello everybody im 22 years old and im interested in becoming an officer. A recruiter told I could go enlisted reserve, and when I finish my bachelors I could try to switch to become an officer? is this True? can you guys give me a little explanation of the process? thank you

Are you currently in ROTC at your school? This would assist you in becoming an officer. if you were high enough on the OML you would get active.

Posts: 531 | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There are multiple paths to officer appointment.

1. Direct appointment. Normally looking for experienced leaders, so it would be a few years before you were eligible. USAR career counselors will be actively looking for applicants.

2. Officer Candidate School. No experience required, but additional schooling is. USAR career counselors will be actively looking for applicants.

3. ROTC. Only if available at your college.

4. West Point. Once enlisted you can get a commander's recommendation.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Operator
posted Hide Post
Speak to your Career Counselor. When I was going to apply for a direct commission, you only needed 60 college credits and have to get a bachelors before you make Captain. I don't know if that's still the case.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 15 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
You need a bachelors degree and meet all requirements for a direct commission in the Reserves. It is extremely competitive. If you want to be active duty, don't enlist Reserve.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post