ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Reserve  Hop To Forums  Army Reserve Discussion    Reclass as 68X in the Reserves?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reclass as 68X in the Reserves?
 Login/Join

posted
I am currently a 92F (diesel dog) SPC in the Reserves (Connecticut) and my 6 years is coming up this June and I am very interested in reclassing as possibly an Officer in 68X. I don't believe there is a MOS specifically designated to Social Worker. Anyways, I will be obtaining my Masters in Social Work this May and am wondering if my civilian educational expereince will influence the amount of training required, OCS, etc. And if someone has information on who I can speak directly to regarding my interest, I would greatly appreciate it!

or feel free to email me at: Nguyen.Loan.T@gmail.com

Thanks everyone

Posts: 2 | Registered: 09 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Best bet would be getting a Direct Commission. DC are for people that already have a degree or are close to it. (although there have been some changes in the works that doesnt require any schooling).

Medical officers have a different process so you would need to talk to a medical officer recruiter. yes, they exist. i think the 68 branch is med services right? Talk to your local recruiter. i went to a recruiter's seminar for my unit a while back and that's when i heard of those medical officer recruiters.

1LT Lim
Camp Taji, Iraq

Posts: 16 | Registered: 23 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT "A" (Hold This Ground)
posted Hide Post
AMEDD Link

You'll still have to do a full packet & go thru the Regional, USARC & DA boards, but Direct Commission should be a breeze since you already have the skill & degree with your overall Army experience. Too easy & GO GET 'EM!!!

"Your mission AIRBORNE is to keep your feet & knees together in LIFE while your eyes remain focused on checking the canopy of Heaven... GAIN CONTROL!!!"

Posts: 66 | Location: Grounded at Ft. Benning (no air) | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post