ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Reserve  Hop To Forums  Army Reserve Discussion    79V Information TPU and AGR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

79V Information TPU and AGR
 Login/Join

Picture of Wagui
posted
I was recently promoted to SSG and I am currently in the process of being looked at for transfer into 11th BN ARCD as a 79V. I have gotten an OK from the first in line for approval and I am waiting for 2 more approvals above him. Then I should get orders for transfer as TPU.

My questions are:

What duties should I expect as a TPU ARCC? How often will I be working (drilling)?

I've had an AGR Application open for a few months and was put on the consideration list.
What would I do next to get an AGR position as a 79V? Also how long would the process take, considering I'm already on the consideration list.

SSG Aguilera
USAR Eagles Honor Guard
Training NCO

Posts: 2 | Registered: 25 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Wagui
posted Hide Post
Bump...

Nobody has any 79V information? I've read most of the stuff on here already, but not exactly what I was looking for though.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 25 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Duties are outlined in USAR reg 140-6. You will most likely focus on retention, but I've seen plenty of TPU ARCCs with a IRR-SELRES mission.

Drill generally once a month like any other TPU. We invariably RST. Normally 1 week AT periods.

For AGR, it's mostly a matter of convincing your SGM to hire you. It only need take a month, but more often closer to 6.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post