ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Reserve  Hop To Forums  Army Reserve Discussion    Reclass going reserve
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reclass going reserve
 Login/Join

posted
I want to go reclass to 68G and go reserve. My Deros is in June 2013 ,and I am up for reenlistment. Right now, I am deployed my retention NCO said my MOS is overstrength but somehow he can get me in. I asked him , can I reclass reserve ane reenlist but he said he couldnt do it but the National Guard Counselor can sign me up for it. Unfortunely, I am stationed in Germany and there is only National guard counselor on my base, who do I talked to if I want to reclass and go reserve. On the other hand, my retention NCO said he couldnt really do anything if I decide to reenlist for reserve. I am so confused. Can someone help me ??

Posts: 1 | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The Reserve Component Career Counselor (typically located at the transition point) can sign you up for Guard or Reserve positions (whether he himself is Guard or Reserve doesn't matter). Your RA counselor cannot.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You'll have to work with a retention NCO to find a unit that has slots for 68G. There are not that many, but depending on where you plan to settle. The unit you transfer to would be in charge of training you if you are not qualified, but you can be placed in that slot.

Posts: 66 | Location: FARGO, ND | Registered: 16 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
As the retention NCO about 00G slots as well. Those you can be any MOS and work the positions.

Reclassing shouldn't be an issue pending on your rank and were you want to live.

National Guard is not a bad idea if you want to look at the AGR program.

(im a Army Reserve UA)

Posts: 5 | Registered: 17 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
May be a good idea to attend some college courses in English and English composition as well.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post