Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Permanent Profile
 Login/Join

posted
Ok so I was finally given a permanent profile, P2, after being on temp profile for 7 months. When I was first givent the permanent, I was told by my 1sg and CO that they couldnt give me a record APFT for 90 days according to the regs. I am trying to find this because 45 days after the permanent was issued they want to give me a record APFT. Can they do this and if or if not where does this state this? Which reg? I have looked in ar 40-501, ar 350-1, and the new tc.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 14 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Alright, here is what I found:

AR 350-1 Chapter 1-24:
quote:
(4) Personnel with permanent medical profiles that preclude participation in the pushup or situp event will take the remaining events if a physician or physician’s assistant approves. The 2-mile run event, or an approved alternate test event as outlined in FM 21–20, must be taken if the test is for record. The alternate test is for Soldiers with permanent physical profiles that prevent them from running 2 miles. Soldiers with temporary profiles of long duration (more than 3 months) may also take an alternate test if approved by the commander and health care personnel. Soldiers must be given 3 months to prepare for the alternate test from either the date of the profile or the date recommended by health care personnel.

Bold by me. Please note that this timeline is for the alternate aerobic event only. I could find no other timeline with the exception of recovery phase, which you do not fall under if you received a permanent.

Military Signature
Create your Profile at MyArmedForces.com

There is no task that is impossible, as long as you don't care who gets the credit.

Posts: 941 | Location: Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. By the time I saw this, I had already taken my APFT and passed it. The biggest thing I was worried about was my weight and tape. But passed that too. I will definitely keep this reg handy for future soldiers.

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by minniemikki:
Thanks for the help. By the time I saw this, I had already taken my APFT and passed it. The biggest thing I was worried about was my weight and tape. But passed that too. I will definitely keep this reg handy for future soldiers.

but they can do a height and weight without a PT test.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I understand that. And as long as I dont look overweight and dont give them a reason to do it I should be fine. I am always working on my weight and body fat. The next company record APFT and weigh in is the end of August. So my goal is to pass weight and not have to be taped.

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by minniemikki:
I understand that. And as long as I dont look overweight and dont give them a reason to do it I should be fine. I am always working on my weight and body fat. The next company record APFT and weigh in is the end of August. So my goal is to pass weight and not have to be taped.

thats the spirit, good luck!!

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hello
Thank for this type information sharing and the more details please discuss

Posts: 9 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 19 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post