ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Current Events / News    North Korea fires an artillery barrage against South Korea
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

North Korea fires an artillery barrage against South Korea
 Login/Join

Picture of sysalis
posted
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/201...e_as/as_koreas_clash

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
damn...

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40...rld_news-asiapacific

Here is an update and the full story.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What do you other soldiers think will happen in the end...We have 29-30k troops stationed in S. Korea...I've heard that 80% could be wiped out in as little as 24 hours....Sounds to me like Afghanistan might be put on the back burner for now...until this is resolved.

I don't know I could be just speaking out of my ass.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ft. Hood, TX | Registered: 01 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well, the North is always pulling stunts like this. Granted this one is a little more serious, being there was an attack on SK soil, but I doubt it will really escalate. My guess is, the UN will throw out some more sanctions and everything will simmer down within a few weeks.

Annnd I know the North has substantial artillery capability, but I hesitate to concur that they could wipe us all out within 24 hours. I think our Air Defense assets would give them a good run for their money, and even though they have a huge ground force, they don't have the resources to sustain a fight longer than about 1-2 weeks. In other words, we'd crush them and they know it. Soo.... I doubt anything big will come of this.

Posts: 82 | Registered: 11 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
Plus we have the several thousand ROK Army, Marines, Sailors, and Air Force.

Most likely nothing will happen. And no, the North cannot wipe 80% of us out in 24 hours or less.

-Murphy's Law of Combat

posted Hide Post
Hello
Well, the North is always pulling stunts like this. Granted this one is a little more serious, being there was an attack on SK soil,the UN will throw out some more sanctions and everything will simmer down within a few weeks. more information this??

Posts: 9 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 19 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post