ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Board Prep    Running and Reveille
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Running and Reveille
 Login/Join

posted
So the question I place forth here is, While engaged in a mass P.T. run that has started prior to Reveille, what is the proper action, ACCORDING TO REGULATION, when Reveille comences? Should everyone just stop the event and render Honors to the Colors disregarding the physiological stress of stopping during a cardiovascular event?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: adriftinAF,

Posts: 2 | Registered: 18 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
Take a gander at AR 600-25, Appendix C, Table C-1.

And your answer is yes.

A: Its not going to kill you to stop for 60 seconds.
B: Its not that stressful.
C: If it's that big of a concern, maybe you should start AFTER reveille.

Posts: 1086 | Location: Germany | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You should stop unless you are doing a timed event. So if you are in the middle of a APFT then do not stop, if you are running the track for time, I would not stop.

Most places I have been ensure that your PT time is scheduled to either start or end right around the Flag so you can salute and not have to worry about it.

Posts: 57 | Registered: 18 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Now let's add to this same run. It is a base fitness center sponsored 5k run. Also add that the base for whatever reason cannot seem to commence consistently at 0700 hrs with reveille, so the race is started anyway.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 18 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
regs don't change-

If they can't get the horn to blow they should raise the flag anyway. There have been plenty of times which I (with my unit) have saluted "thin air" in honor of the flag, not knowing if the flag on the other side of post had gone up or not.

Colorguard on Fort Gordon is required to be there 30minutes early to make sure that the schedule is met.

Common sense should be able to fix any situation...

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smittaayy:
Take a gander at AR 600-25, Appendix C, Table C-1.

And your answer is yes.

A: Its not going to kill you to stop for 60 seconds.
B: Its not that stressful.
C: If it's that big of a concern, maybe you should start AFTER reveille.

Weight of AR 600-25 is bit more. otherwise its a superb weapon

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gellykow,

Posts: 1 | Registered: 20 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post