ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Board Prep    Letter to President of the Board
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Letter to President of the Board
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

Just had a quick question, I am preparing my packet for my E5 board and had one thing to ask. From what i see on the discussions i have found you are only needed to write a letter to the president of the board if you are missing something. MY first sgt wants us to write one just to show we took the time and effort into putting our packets together. In this instance its not for me missing anything in my packet.... so what would the criteria for this letter consist of? And would it be in memorandum form?

Thank you so much!!!!

Spc Sains

Posts: 1 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Illernoise
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of writing a letter. Maybe just write up a simple BIO on yourself? If that isn't already included, that is.

Posts: 660 | Location: Ft. Drum | Registered: 16 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of PrimeMover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sains:
Hi all,

Just had a quick question, I am preparing my packet for my E5 board and had one thing to ask. From what i see on the discussions i have found you are only needed to write a letter to the president of the board if you are missing something. MY first sgt wants us to write one just to show we took the time and effort into putting our packets together. In this instance its not for me missing anything in my packet.... so what would the criteria for this letter consist of? And would it be in memorandum form?

Thank you so much!!!!

Spc Sains

I have not heard of a letter to the president of the board being written for a SGT board. I don't see how that is necessary when the Soldier appears before the board president in person. They can get a quick bio straight from your mouth. Also, the board is formatted for question and answer... they question and you answer. You earn points based on your performance and those points are added to your overall promotion packet. A letter to the president of the board seems pointless.

Senior enlisted boards have this option since boards review strictly the Soldier's board file and DA photo; there is not face-to-face. So, if you are missing documents in your board file you can address those items in a concise memo.

V/r

Prime

Posts: 2 | Registered: 25 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PrimeMover:
quote:
Originally posted by Sains:
Hi all,

Thank you so much!!!!

Spc Sains

I have not heard of a letter to the president of the board being written for a SGT board. I don't see how that is necessary when the Soldier appears before the board president in person. They can get a quick bio straight from your mouth. Also, the board is formatted for question and answer... they question and you answer. You earn points based on your performance and those points are added to your overall promotion packet. A letter to the president of the board seems pointless.

Senior enlisted boards have this option since boards review strictly the Soldier's board file and DA photo; there is not face-to-face. So, if you are missing documents in your board file you can address those items in a concise memo.

V/r

Actually these days it is a go/no-go event, no points are earned (dated info).

Prime

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sains,

What MOS field are you in?

Most complex problems have very simple solutions.

Posts: 56 | Location: Katterbach Kaserne, GM | Registered: 20 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just a guess, Hospital medical.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post