ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Board Prep    Bio question regarding demotion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bio question regarding demotion
 Login/Join

posted
I'm supposed to be going to the board here in the next month or so, I went through a couple years ago and got promoted, but got demoted last year due to a lapse of judgment on my part. I'm fairly certain I should include that in my bio because its not like it was a secret or anything. My question is how would I write that in there?

SPC, 25N 101st ABN DIV

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Personally, I would not because it is irrelevant. Bio just refers to your duty stations and assignments.

Unless you think you can use it as a positive; I will refrain from mentioning it. Just focus on the present and future.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yeah, gotta agree with the Wise Chief here. I was in the same boat as you, and when I went back to the board, I gave the bio just like you would if it were your first time. The 1sg's and CSM then asked about the the situation, and actualy joked a little about it, during the course of the board appearance. If you are back in the board, they understand it's for a good reason. Bringing up the past is irrelevant. If they want to know about it, they'll ask.

Posts: 23 | Location: JBLM | Registered: 17 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
Bio just refers to your duty stations and assignments.

Even, if you dont include it on your written bio be prepared to answer questions in front of the board.

Posts: 240 | Registered: 04 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of GoSignal
posted Hide Post
Thing about your bio, is it is truly your opportunity to talk about what a badass you are...why shoot yourself in the foot before you even start out of the gates?

"It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles." -Niccolo Machiavelli, 1515

Posts: 125 | Registered: 25 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post