ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Board Prep    Board schedule
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Board schedule
 Login/Join

posted
l

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stoutstanding,

Posts: 13 | Registered: 15 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
The proper abbreviation is CSM.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
Try reading AR 600-8-19 paragraph 3-13 and see what you can come up with. Do you really think you are ready for promotion if you can't reference an AR that is very important to yourself and your Soldiers?

"If you do not stand by me at my worst, you WILL NOT stand by me at my best."

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I cannot imagine why your CSM would postpone the promotion board....probably has something to do with the manner you conduct yourself. If you would tell a higher ranking NCO "Don't be a douche" in a public forum, it is not a far stretch to draw the conclusion you would do the same in person. Just something to consider.

Posts: 88 | Registered: 10 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I actually stated the manner in which you conduct yourself. But you obviously brought your attitude into the discussion for a reason. After all, who knows you better than you.

It is not a stretch to believe that any professional Soldier would refrain from telling another Soldier(higher, lower, or equivalent rank) not to be a douchebag.

Don't want to be treated like a dumb private don't do things that would cause others to harbor the opinion you are a dumb private. Just something to keep in mind.

Posts: 88 | Registered: 10 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
It IS updated as of 27 December 2011. Yes, the CSM can say that since all of his E4's and E5's are douche bags and he will hold a board quarterly is well within his/her right.

Since you want to be a smartass, if you read MILPER Message 11-233, it states that a recorder will still be used, but the system will be used as a GO/NO-GO instead of points.

Anddddddddd, if you are still hungry for knowledge, the MILPER message came out before the RAR version of AR 600-8-19 came out, however, it was never updated in the AR. So submit a DA Form 2028 and request to have it changed, since you are so high speed!

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
I know...I was using your terminology as to why the CSM wouldn't hold a monthly board.

AR 600-8-19 states that the board WILL be held monthly by the 15th. If there are no eligible E4's or E5's to go to the board (highly unlikely) then yes, they may not conduct a board.

Reserve can hold it quarterly.

Any other questions? No? Carry on!