ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Board Prep    Do I shut the door behind me?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Do I shut the door behind me?
 Login/Join

posted
Dumb question but after I knock on the door and enter, do I shut the door behind me?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Waterborn,

Picture of Minerva46R
posted Hide Post
Yes.

You'll most likely get kicked out if you don't. <-- I've seen it happen once and heard of it happening twice.

Posts: 26 | Location: Fort Bliss | Registered: 06 May 2011Report This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Waterborn:
Dumb question but after I knock on the door and enter, do I shut the door behind me?

Yes close it without turning your back to the board members.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Report This Post

Picture of erikwithak86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TransAm95NCO:
quote:
Originally posted by Waterborn:

Yes close it without turning your back to the board members.

I've never had an issue with turning my back. I just turn, close the door firmly without it slamming, face about and march to the front of the President of the board.

Not to say that isn't someones pet peeve, but in the two units and two promotion boards and hundreds of SOM/SOQ/NCOM/NCOQ boards I've been to I haven't heard of it.

posted Hide Post
It is an "unwritten" rule to NOT turn your back to the members of the board.

In all honesty there is no significant reason why someone should be gigged for turning their back to the board, just more of a tradition if anything. It's so old and so unimportant I am sure it's fading out because who really cares.

Also who is your sponsor? There is no reason you should be having to come to a forum to ask basic board questions if you have a legit sponsor.

posted Hide Post
My sponsor is an e-5 who is trying to get out of the military. We have barely even discussed the board which is tommarow and my promotion board is wednesday.

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
Well that "E5" is still in until his last day so he needs to get squared away and help you out.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Report This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seven0821:
It is an "unwritten" rule to NOT turn your back to the members of the board.

In all honesty there is no significant reason why someone should be gigged for turning their back to the board, just more of a tradition if anything. It's so old and so unimportant I am sure it's fading out because who really cares.

Also who is your sponsor? There is no reason you should be having to come to a forum to ask basic board questions if you have a legit sponsor.
I never knew that! When I went to the mock board, the SOM and the promotion board, I turned my back all 3 times. Whoops. Nobody corrected me.