ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Board Prep    Why do you want to become an NCO?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why do you want to become an NCO?
 Login/Join

posted
Why do you want to become an NCO? This is a question that will be on the upcoming promotion board, and although i do know why i personaly want to become an nco i would like to see a few examples of what the awnser to this question may look like so i can mabie better word the awnser to this question.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eon:
i do know why i personaly want to become an nco

So what's you reason?

I loved being a babysitter so much, this was the next best job. Razzer

Actually, it was a great opportunity to grow and mold junior Soldiers in my likeness (I hope this was good Big Grin). I was an example for my Soldiers and it made me a better NCO because of a higher standard I held myself up to because I was constantly being watched by my Soldiers.

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JC351LP
posted Hide Post
I was asked this question at my promotion board. this is what I said (approximatley): "I want to be a Noncommissioned officer because it is an honor and a privelege to be a noncommissioned officer in the United States army. Furthermore, I plan on serving in the Army for the forseeable future, therefore I have a vested interest in the training, safety, and welfare of all soldiers."

Posts: 344 | Location: Fort Belvoir, VA | Registered: 01 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Medical_SGT
posted Hide Post
AR is right. Being an NCO has its rewards. My reasoning was to be able to hae a voice, in regards to how my shop was ran, and to be able to apply some of the skills I have been given, to other soldiers. The number one thing a leader does, is create another leader. Plus, as an e4, many times our hard work, is being added to someone else's evalution. I wanted credit too. For me its best when you get afresh soldier from the school house and he/she hasn't yet been corruped. You have a blank canvas to square away. Its also good to see any of your soldiers succeed.

Whats your reason?

Soldiers may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do.

Posts: 174 | Location: FT. Rucker, AL | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This is what i have so far.

As an NCO I would have the opportunity have a positive influence of soldiers and continue to set the example that has been laid out before me by my leaders. This example will help shape what the army looks like not decades from now but in a few short years, and I would be horned to have considered myself to be part of that time honored tradition.

Career Counselor
posted Hide Post
Good answer, but you may want to shorten it and make it sound more like your words and not a book answer.

Besides, you'll be pretty nervous so something that long you may fumble through.

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
no book, that was all me.

Career Counselor
posted Hide Post
I'm sure it was all you, BUT it may sound like a book answer and it may not flow as easily as it does in the mirror or reading it.

Picture of jgarner
posted Hide Post
this post is kinda old, but i thought i'd throw my answer in the pool...

...it's simple...i want to be an NCO to lead and train soldiers...point blank...thats all i want out of life right now...i want to help my soldiers grow and furthur their careers, military or civilian...is that good enough?

I am a soldier, I fight where I'm told, and win where I fight.

Posts: 222 | Location: FORT LEAVENWORTH, KS | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The reasons I wanted to be an NCO was so that I could set examples for others to follow and show them that if I can do it so can they. I don't really get much leadership chances and therefore will be asking for re-assignment to a place where I can lead soldiers.

Posts: 402 | Registered: 04 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jgarner:
i want to be an NCO to lead and train soldiers

I'm an old Airman, now a Soldier. And that sounds short and to the point. An excellent answer.

Posts: 14 | Location: Ft Deterick | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
to stay out of airdefense

Posts: 4 | Location: ft lewis | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LaRue
posted Hide Post
Personally I want to be an NCO so that I can further develop my leadership skills and put them to good use to lead fellow soldiers.

Basically just what jgarner said.

"... whereas, to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."
- Richard H. Lee, 1788

Posts: 8 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 16 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of smcintyre32
posted Hide Post
The reason why i want to be a NCO is to lead and train soldier to never give up on goals that is aimed at real life situation. People seem to forget about what the NCOs job entitles it's not for pleasure or profit it is to set a example for the new generation soldiers that we leave on the battlefield and put in charge of soldiers

Posts: 3 | Location: FORT HOOD, TEXAS | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

USAR Career Counselor
Picture of Daddy Warcrimes
posted Hide Post
Soldiers sacrifice a lot to serve. In exchange the Army promised to pay, feed, house, clothe, and train them.

I want to make sure the Army lives up to that promise; the Soldiers deserve it.

Posts: 2864 | Location: 13th BN ARCD, AZ | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post