ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Board Prep    Uniform/Regulation question post-board.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uniform/Regulation question post-board.
 Login/Join

posted
Got the old boot today due to not knowing a "uniform regulation"

I could not find the answer I was told by CSM in AR 670-1, it was the proper length of jacket sleeves and pants in ASU/Class A.

Is anyone familiar with another regulation or a reason why I can't find it? Thanks.

(Vaguely remember him saying something about 1" over wrist for sleeves, and between heel and top of shoe for pants.)

Posts: 5 | Registered: 06 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Did you read all the way through AR 670-1 covering Class A's and Dress Blues/ASUs?

I am going to assume this was a Promotion Board, If so, it amazes me a Soldier gets kicked out of a Promotion Board for getting one question wrong. If this is the truth, that CSM has the point of a Promotion Board misunderstood.

What about evaulating performance, potential,and the technical knowledge of that service member along with appearence, demeanor, and how that SM handles the pressures of being drilled by Superior leadership. So with all that into consideration, the fact of booting someone for missing one question is crazed.

Are you sure you were not jacked up and presented yourseld as Soldier not ready for advancement.

Posts: 494 | Registered: 24 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
After raking the internet I found what he was referring to in the ASG "Class A prep". I have yet to find it in an AR though (I was told I did not study it)

I wasn't perfect by any means I was pretty nervous. I got immediately kicked for not coming to a halt prior to saluting, from there forward I got nit-picked; had to re-enter board room a few times but ultimately was told due to my not knowing the question I would have to come back to next board better prepared.

But I have extensively studied and I'm competent to lead soldiers, due to our CSM's reputation im not terribly shaken by the outcome, I was just curious why I can't find in AR 670-1.

Picture of SFC46Z
posted Hide Post
It is AR 670-1, just not in Chapter 15 where you would expect to find it. Look at Chapter 1-9, Paragraph b. Fit. (2)(3). Good luck to you next time.

Posts: 39 | Registered: 16 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
1-

Thanks for research, wasn't finding anything with find or looking around dress uniforms. Although board method seemed shitty, he was right. Argh.

posted Hide Post
Well at least the SGM was right....there are, after all, Soldiers that are kicked out of boards almost just cause. Even shit hot Soldiers can truly be kicked out of a board if knit picked.

Seven, I don't think I am delusional on that either. While I am NOT the deciding factor on that one, I'll just open it up to the forum's 42 series that witness boards day in and day out. Besides, I know your usually good for a rant or three.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of mcgeorge36
posted Hide Post
While I do not believe in that, my previous CSM would kick people out in a hot second for a few things. No edge dressing on their shoes, things like that. The question he asked was also one that we were asked allot of times. We actually had around a 6 month time where we did not have anyone at all pass the promotion board, either for E-5, or E-6. I had to go 4 times personally. One of the biggest things I would say, is just don't give up. Stick with it. He, and the rest of the board members may see that you are pushing through, and sticking with it. Can only help, not really hurt you at all.

Posts: 85 | Location: Fort Bliss, TX | Registered: 12 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
TO ME, seems the boards aren't what you know, but how you act under stress. My first board was my promotion board, the guy right in front of me was from my shop and got kicked out cuz he went in nervous and was talking and saluting before he stopped at the table. We were in a LOOOOONG room, you had to walk 30ft. to get to the board members/ chair!

-I passed but scored kinda low.

So just stay calm, keep preparing. The more you are comfortable with, the less nervous you'll be, and will show more confidence.

Good luck!

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Corvette1140:
Well at least the SGM was right....there are, after all, Soldiers that are kicked out of boards almost just cause. Even shit hot Soldiers can truly be kicked out of a board if knit picked.

Seven, I don't think I am delusional on that either. While I am NOT the deciding factor on that one, I'll just open it up to the forum's 42 series that witness boards day in and day out. Besides, I know your usually good for a rant or three.

@Corvette

Yes, I love to rant, live to rant, I am known as Sergeant Rant, lol

Funny thing is if you read my post, I am saying the same thing you are. Yes, I know and have seen Soldiers get booted out of boards for the most minute things.

Corvette, I asked you just read my post before you drop my name... A lesson I had to learn, reading post that id

Posts: 494 | Registered: 24 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
End result I got promoted last month. Turns out CSM was staring at everyones pants that came in - if it doesn't remain perfect until you sit down its game over for your board.

Well, I checked the box. Thanks for the thoughts.