ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Board Prep    SSG Promotion Board Prior to WLC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SSG Promotion Board Prior to WLC
 Login/Join

posted
Can you go to a SSG Promotion Board before you go to WLC? If so, what's the window to complete WLC?

Posts: 30 | Registered: 28 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of CrisTama
posted Hide Post
It's been a while since I have beet through this so maybe I am wrong. I think you can go to promotion board as long as your CoC approves it...most of them won't do it. But, since you won't be eligible for SSG promotion without WLC, why would you want to go? Keep in mind that if you get a go on the SSG board and make points before you go to WLC, you will be ineligible for promotion and your name will be drop off the promotion list, and then you will have to go to the board again. So I don't see the point of doing it, even if by some miracle your CoC will approve it. If you are such a high speed Soldier that wants to go to boards, why not go to Soldier of the month or other boards, unstead of promotion?

Posts: 665 | Location: All over the world | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Melissa_June:
Can you go to a SSG Promotion Board before you go to WLC? If so, what's the window to complete WLC?

I've seen it done during deployment to Iraq. They gave him a waiver or something.

Can't really do WLC in Iraq lol.

Posts: 72 | Location: Fort Kouch. | Registered: 31 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post