ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Board Prep    Sponsor to a Soldier going to the Board
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sponsor to a Soldier going to the Board
 Login/Join

Picture of 68X Lumpy
posted
Greetings. I searched the forums and couldn't find any info on what exactly the sponsor does. I know he knocks, goes in, and sits in on the Soldier. Any help?

Posts: 106 | Location: Miesau, Germany | Registered: 14 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Epic Honor
posted Hide Post
The sponsor introduces the soldier to the members of the board and tells them why the soldier should be promoted/be soldier of the month/etc. During the board, take copious notes to help the soldier for the future, for example, what he did well and what he can improve on.

Posts: 776 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of armysarge72
posted Hide Post
Your actions as a sponsor will vary on how much your CSM wants to mess with you and how well your soldier does. You do enter prior to your Joe and the CSM will take it from there. He can go from just telling you to sit in the back cause they are running out of time to inspecting your leaders book for the last update. Once your troop enters you will just hang in the back and take notes on his performance. If he starts missing a lot of questions YOU may be asked them (have seen this more then once). If he really, really, sucks and gets kicked out, be ready to stay behind and get a good ass chewing for bringing him there in the first place.

The entry procedures tend to vary a bit so you will want to clarify them before hand. Usually everyone will be pulled in prior and briefed by the president, but if this is left out just grab someone.

Enjoy

Posts: 52 | Location: CT | Registered: 16 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
During my E5 board, my sponsor was asked first, did she assist me in studying? Then I was brought in. I was asked the same thing by the CSM. The CSM then told my sponsor, if she got a question right, I could leave. She didn't get it, so I stayed. Thankfully, she was/is well known as being a squared away NCO, so that helped. Just my .02 cents, since I saw armysarge72 mention the sponsor getting questions asked..it does happen..

Posts: 183 | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 68X Lumpy
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. I appreciate your input. I actually had my Soldier's board yesterday. I was told to sit and briefly introduce my Soldier. Then she was called in and did the whole "Spiel". Didn't go too bad, but not too good either. Unfortunately we found out a week prior that she goes to the board. Last minute stuff. Anyways, all in all great experience.

-----

Posts: 106 | Location: Miesau, Germany | Registered: 14 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This is very good information to know but I still dont know If I need to march in there as if I'm the one going to the board and salute the President of the board and report in too him?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 14 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SFC RossiJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WGPSGT:
This is very good information to know but I still dont know If I need to march in there as if I'm the one going to the board and salute the President of the board and report in too him?

You're not the one reporting to the board so marching and saluting should not be required. However, check with your units specific proccedures.

Posts: 275 | Location: Djibouti | Registered: 17 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post