ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Board Prep    New MOI's for boards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New MOI's for boards
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone gone to the board recently that has had to ONLY study the ADP/ADRP's?

Since the new Professional at Arms started, our CSM has started using the following link as his studyguide:

http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/MC...ctrine2015Tables.asp

Also we have to know the following:

https://CAPE.ARMY.MIL

Just wanted to get a feel out there.

Posts: 194 | Location: JBLM, WA | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Our new MOI has only ADP's except 600-9. No study material anywhere for this stuff...just pages and pages of material to comb through.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 28 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There is a study guide. Our s1 sent the moi out with a study guide. Don't know where they got it from, but they got it.

Posts: 194 | Location: JBLM, WA | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am at NCOES now and there isn't that much change to MOI's. The MOI's are different depending on the individual unit. The majority of our guest speakers and mentorhsip mention the same changes. The Army is transitioning from old doctrine to ADP and ADRP's respectively.

As an example, The Army Profession, Soldiers need to be aware of what "defines" what a professional is and the characteristics that the professional should possess. No longer the Be, Know, Do but the Leads, Develops and Achieves. Also, the Army Professional Certification, Key Characteristics, the two components, etc. Not ver batim, but clearly explained in their own words.

Armypubs is always updated with new ADPs and ADRPs, but some common knowledge questions such about ULO, Counseling, Leadership and the various other military subjects.

The bio, reporting, unit history, Skill Level 1,2 and 3, presenting yourself to the board are still the same. Some CSMs and SMGs arent staying abreast of the changes but reinforcement from the 1SGs should be made to keep the unit's and Soldier's progression MOI current.

Any other major questions PM me.

Posts: 169 | Registered: 24 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My unit has just received a new MOI for ADP's and FM's. I was told that I would be attending the SOM board in less than seven days. Usually I would consider this enough time to study for a normal board, but I am deployed and this amount of time seems inadequate. I do not want this to happen to any other Soldiers because I feel it will set the entire chain of command, starting with that soldier, up for failure. What should I do and say in order to fix this broken system.
P.S. I even chose a month to go the board and prep with enough time. I guess even choosing when you want to go is not enough. Is my leader failing me?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 09 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Call me crazy, but weren't the old study guide questions (ala Armystudy guide) built from those same ADP and ADRPs?

Don't over think this people.

Posts: 532 | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT Bowman
posted Hide Post
I went to a promotion board back in July and no where on the MOI did it state anything that should be studied or referenced. It didn't even have on there what the uniform was supposed to be, but I showed up in my ASU's, and the board memebers were in ACU's. Needless to say, I didn't do so well, as they covered 21 different topics from the study guide that I just wasn't prepared for. Originally I was to have a board at the BDE level and was given topics to study, which was four, but then told I have 3-weeks to go over the entire study guide, no specific topics,and appear before the CSM at the division HQ. This was my first time appearing in front of any board, as I've been Reserves my entire career before going AGR a little over a year ago.

Posts: 21 | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I just went to the promotion board yesterday and most of the questions were based on ADPs. To be honest, it was easy, it was just about 6 more topics to add to the study guide. If anyone here needs them, I can share. I also converted them to audio so I could study them while driving or driving. Have a good one guys!

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: 27 November 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SPCstuckInAction
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tamayo:
I just went to the promotion board yesterday and most of the questions were based on ADPs. To be honest, it was easy, it was just about 6 more topics to add to the study guide. If anyone here needs them, I can share. I also converted them to audio so I could study them while driving or driving. Have a good one guys!

I would love your study guide.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 11 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sprat2
posted Hide Post
If only there were a site that did a studyguide for Army boards. I believe this site would be an awesome tool for Soldiers and NCOs. Also if the site would be updated as new information is made available would be awesome.

Rob, that was not a crack at you but in general. Fantastic job building a new studyguide for yourself and if you pay it forward to your Soldiers and others would be even more awesome.

Posts: 260 | Location: Macdill AFB | Registered: 21 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The link below will provide you with the new study guide.

http://www.armyadp.com/board-s...cts---questions.html

Quizlet also has study materials with audio

http://quizlet.com/24867922/ad...dership-flash-cards/

Posts: 1 | Registered: 09 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post