ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Board Prep    need help finding correct correspondence courses
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

need help finding correct correspondence courses
 Login/Join

posted
I have searched and searched trying to find access to the easier courses. All I can find are extrememy hard and long civilian ones or courses that have absolutely nothing to do with the army. Please help me find them.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 25 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
I dont think they have "easy" ones anymore, hence why they got rid of the subcourses which was the easier way out, just doing subcourses instead of having to complete the whole course....

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
so im cool with there not being anymore easy ones, but i still cannot find courses that seem to have anything to do with the army. is there a link that anyone can post to take me to where i need to be. I go onto AKO and my education and there are too many links and none seem to give me what I need. One lets me take a couse on the Patriot missle system...really? Im a UAV operator, nothing I have found pertains to soldiering or my MOS.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 25 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Finding correspondence courses:

1) Log in to AKO
2) Go to "Self Service", then "My Education"
3) On right side of screen, look at ATRRS section
4) Click "Register for Army Distance Learning Courses"
5) Click "Advanced Course Search" on left side of screen
6) Search by School - "553 - Distributed Learning Student Support Team"
7) Register for whatever course you desire

I believe you can also register under "555 - AMEDD Correspondence Courses"

Posts: 6 | Registered: 31 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Are you using Skillport?
https://usarmy.skillport.com/s.../usarmy/login.action

Skillport is all module based and you complete them fairly quickly. I got nearly 1,000 hours on there before they put a cap on the amount of points you can earn in Correspondence Courses.

You might not find anything related to your MOS, but there are definitely a lot of professional development courses on there that you can apply to soldiering. For example: Leadership, Team Building, Time Management, etc.

Posts: 1 | Location: Fort Campbell | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post