Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
IED
 Login/Join

posted
does anyone have a good study guide on IEDs?

posted Hide Post
Hey Battle, I don't know where you are at or who you are with, but the Big Red One in Baghdad has a pretty sweet GTA on IEDs and common munitions the insurgents use. It is a half-sheet sized stack of stapled papers on IEDs, mortors, AKs, and tactics. I don't know how long you have, but if you're interested I can try to get one to you. Let me know.

Go Kinetic!

Posts: 99 | Location: Baghdad | Registered: 01 November 2006Report This Post

Picture of TG79S
posted Hide Post
Try this out for size:

ARTEP 7-1-DRILL
it is titled: Warrior Battle Drills

Posts: 51 | Location: Fort Riley, KS | Registered: 27 October 2006Report This Post

Picture of Drill Sergeant K
posted Hide Post
This web site has alot of videos and information on terrorist activites and IED activity. www.globalterroralert.com

You can push them out of a plane, you can march them off a cliff, you can
send them to die on some God-forsaken rock, but for some reason you can't
slap them.

Posts: 57 | Location: Fort Jackson, South Carolina | Registered: 03 April 2006Report This Post

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
Drill Sergeant K, that was a pretty interesting site. I spent some time on it watching some of the videos today. And everybody thinks our LFX's suck? Did you see the video of the Al Qaeda training camp? That dude was firing rounds inches away from people.

Somehow, Marine boot doesn't seem so tough anymore Roll Eyes...

Posts: 1086 | Location: Germany | Registered: 11 February 2005Report This Post

posted Hide Post
Okay, here is more information on our TTP guide. It is titled: (U) Iraq: Insurgency Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP)
Put out by: National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC) Intelligence Today for Tomorrow's Fight
Published: August 2005 NGIC-1121-7256-05

May seem like a bunch of mumbo-jumbo, but I bet they have a web-site. If you are going to deploy to Iraq, I would highly recommend looking into getting one. I bet they also have them for other areas of operation. Hope this helps someone.

Go Kinetic!

Posts: 99 | Location: Baghdad | Registered: 01 November 2006Report This Post

posted Hide Post
The JIEDDO Knowledge and Information Fusion Exchange (JKnIFE) Portal provides vast amounts of training materials and Counter-Improvised Explosive Devise (C-IED) relevant information. In an effort to spread awareness to Lockheed Martin employees, their associates and other interested parties, the JKnIFE Management Team respectfully requests that those interested, who have a Government issued Common Access Card (CAC), visit the JKnIFE site at https://jknife.jieddo.mil <https://lmpassage3.external.lmco.com/owa/,DanaInfo=owa.us.lmco.com,SSL+redir.aspx?C=-R8UvJPzDUiwdAp6G-Y1jKupeH5Fg9AI453zT-I3cw0orRvCplNP42RZMqaX8ZkV55OLYiF90-c.&URL=https%3a%2f%2fjknife.jieddo.mil> . Please take the opportunity to browse the site, looking for content that may support your mission or increase your knowledge of C-IED problem set. If you feel another person, in particular DoD members, would benefit from this site, please forward the link. The JKnIFE mission is to provide as much C-IED related information to those that are affected by, will become affected by, or can affect a reduction in the use of Improvised Explosive Devises.