Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BEAR and SMAPP
 Login/Join

posted
I am confused by the BEAR program. I recently reclassed to 35L as SPC. I was told when I signed up for the BEAR program that my rank when I signed up would be taken in to consideration since it's an automatic promotion under the SMAPP. I recently arrived at my unit and I am being told that because of the promotion that I no longer qualify for the sl1 bonus. I don't think this is right because it wouldn't be possible to get the sl1 bonus because of the automatic promotion. I looked for the BEAR milper message, but all I can find is the one where they rescinded it. Is there a way I can get the sl1 bonus, or am I going to get screwed because the school wouldn't reenlist us for the BEAR program? (The only possible way to get the sl1 bonus if what my retention says is true)

Posts: 2 | Registered: 29 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The exact same thing happened to my buddy. This is why they did away with the bear program. The career counselor told my friend that it is a stupid catch 22 that the army overlooked. He had to settle for a 4k conversion bonus.

Posts: 392 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post