ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  The BEAR Program    Tier 10 bonus in 2010 vs Tier 10 bonus today...and other questions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tier 10 bonus in 2010 vs Tier 10 bonus today...and other questions
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
With the latest SRB message are those MOSs with the C next to their tier level paying out to the 20th year of service?

I guess so. Pays to be SF, MI or EOD. Makes sense that they would try to keep these people as long as possible.

Posts: 28 | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ok I have the final answer for this.

After weeks of debating it with my BN retention NCO (who was on my side in agreement for the $72K) the Army came back and said if I reenlist it will be for $40K. So me being me, I was unsatisified with that answer and went to the BDE. He blew me off.... So then I went a step further and took it up with IG.... (these people think their god)

I opened a can of worms with this. After a week of investigating it I, and my entire chain of command, to include the LTC (you see where this is going) was called to the office of IG. This is how he explained it to me.

You are authorized a bonus, regardless if the current MOS drops off the BEAR chart or not. The amount will be the higher throughout the time you signed up for the BEAR until you sign your reenlistment contract. (so here I was getting excited) But, with the current MILPER message stating tier 10, that is for all of the MOS's that are 'attached' to that MILPER message, not something the Army deemed an esential MOS 18 months ago. So I could take every MILPER message from the day I signed up for BEAR, and every one that had my MOS on it I could use to compare the tier 10 charts against each other. If my MOS is not on the BEAR MILPER message, then the tier chart does not apply. My MOS must be on the MILPER message that states the current tier levels.

Long story short, I am receiving $40k. I have a LTC who likes my spunk and taking control of my life and a CSM who is ready to kill me for my actions. Needless to say I am disapointed by this, but I really was only fooling myself in thinking the gov. would dare change a bonus amount by almost double.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of CrisTama
posted Hide Post
WAW, you realy went to all this just to find an answer that you already got it here and from the HR?! You don't need to be IG to be able to read a MILPER message...those messages are dummy proof. That is what i did (read it), and come up to the same conclusion...and i am not even a CC or retention NCO...just someone who has english as a 3rd language, LOL.
Anyway, i am glad that you got your final answer, even thou is not the one you were hopeing for.

Posts: 665 | Location: All over the world | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post