ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  The BEAR Program    Is thier perk of being MOS-T for 35p?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is thier perk of being MOS-T for 35p?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm currently received my attrs class dates for Language school, CRYPTO LINGUIST class and pending airborne class after completion of DLI. I understands I can pcs/w family to DLI but will my follow on assignment to Goodfellos AFB be TDY as being paid per diem, bah and such. I had done TDY classes before and it's good pay. Will it be like this in my case? Also as will I be treated as an IET soldier or get treated like a big boy.

Posts: 40 | Registered: 16 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Rangers94
posted Hide Post
How were you able to get airborne after DLI? I'm curious myself because I'm doing 35P through the BEAR program with a class date at DLI towards the end of the year.

Posts: 58 | Location: US | Registered: 11 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Friend of mine is at DLI currently. He was given BAH as an E-5 and has his own house. He said they get out of class about 1700 and then he does homework and that will sometimes lead well into the night. He drew Korean though, not sure what language you have.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 30 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ranger94, I volunteered due to some languages were in need of airborne position. They're also slots for ranger bat, or at least I was told by branch.

ehwhatsinaname, yea so m told by this single soldier who is an E4 since he's prior service deployed he may live off post but I really couldn't believe it myself. It just make things a bit more difficult for guy like me to get housing and I have a family.

Picture of Rangers94
posted Hide Post
If you are married then you will be given the option to live either on or off post. Go through the DLI website and contact the housing office. They are pretty helpful in terms of letting you know what your on post housing options will be.

In terms of getting airborne, did you go through the 35P branch manager? I'm scheduled for Chinese so I'm hopeful they need volunteers for that language.

Posts: 58 | Location: US | Registered: 11 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ranger94, yes I did go through 35p branch manager, They are usually pretty hard to get ahold of. I Have Cat one language so I may just live of post and cram in to a small apartment since its only 7 months long. I mean you can always volunteer for it.

posted Hide Post
wyereles/Rangers94,

That is interesting info on the airborne thing. I recently dropped my BEAR packet for 35P. Were you guys allowed to pick your language based on what it said in the BEAR message?

My plan for a follow on assignment is based off a good PT score and some begging to the branch manager after DLI... Trying to stay focused on the 25m target and all that...

Posts: 259 | Registered: 23 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Rangers94
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dar:
wyereles/Rangers94,

That is interesting info on the airborne thing. I recently dropped my BEAR packet for 35P. Were you guys allowed to pick your language based on what it said in the BEAR message?

My plan for a follow on assignment is based off a good PT score and some begging to the branch manager after DLI... Trying to stay focused on the 25m target and all that...

When I submitted my BEAR packet I included my three language preferences. Russian was my number one pick followed by Persian-Farsi and then Chinese. Once submitted, the packet is going to go through various people at HRC but it's the MI language branch that ultimately decides which language you get based on your DLAB score and available class dates. Being that my DLAB qualified me for CAT IV languages, I got Chinese.

In regards to Airborne, I spoke with the 35P branch manager and he said that about 4-6 months prior to graduating from DLI you can call them and request airborne school.

posted Hide Post
Sounds about right, I mean they should let you know what is available since you scored high you're going get the harder of the bunch. Its always the needs army. Anyways you also need meno from AIT, stating a completion of a 5 Mile Run under 45 min which is too easy. Ranger standard is 5 mile in 40 min and thats generous.

posted Hide Post
Hmm, that is interesting. My retention guy is trying to put me straight into Russian. ( I wanted French, but they dropped it off the Bear Program about a month ago.) I scored a 112 on the DLAB.

How long did it take for you guys to get a class date once they submitted your packet to HRC? I am still waiting to here back from them.

Picture of Rangers94
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dar:
Hmm, that is interesting. My retention guy is trying to put me straight into Russian. ( I wanted French, but they dropped it off the Bear Program about a month ago.) I scored a 112 on the DLAB.

How long did it take for you guys to get a class date once they submitted your packet to HRC? I am still waiting to here back from them.

I'd say that it took about two weeks to get a class date. The 35P branch mananger is really helpful and can answer any questions you might have about your packet.

posted Hide Post
Thanks Rangers94.

posted Hide Post
So I recieved my class date for Oct. Can you early report to DLI? I don't know what you would do, but it would help us line up the kids' school year better. I know I will find out through the process, just wondering if anyone on here had an immediate answer. Thanks for all your help this far.

posted Hide Post
I'm on the same boat bud, I report oct 22 but I called branch, went to my brigade, personal management and G8, they all told me I don't where your order are at you going to have wait till it it's ready. I'm trying to get on post housing and cancel some thing while I'm here but I can do anything with out them orders.

posted Hide Post
wyerles, where are you PCSing from? I am coming from Ft. Lewis, and being that I work in the same building with the Corps HQ, I hope to push my process along as fast as possible. Maybe find some E-milpo guru and buy him a case of beer...