ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  The BEAR Program    Reclass to 35P (Need career counselor response)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reclass to 35P (Need career counselor response)
 Login/Join

posted
Hi guys i just have a question here ok heres my situation iam 13B cannon crewmember trying to reclass as 35P (tagalog language) iam currently deployed in afganistan right now and i just knew about the BEAR program and 35P couple of months ago and i started to talk to my NCO that i want to reclass as 35P then they help me start to do my security clearance on S2 becouse thats the only thing that i need to reclass i got a good score on the language test. Then i just recently check the bear program and the tagalog language is not there on the list anymore! here is my question is it possible that i can still reclass as 35P even thou the tagalog is not on the list anymore and i check the in/out list there there just neutral right now. I just really want to use my language as my Job in the army i hope somebody can help me out on my situation tnx a lot guys!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 28 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
just want to add my rank PFC its my 18 month mark this month and this is my first reenlistment tnx guys

Posts: 2 | Registered: 28 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
First-term Soldiers are authorized to reclass into an MOS regardless of IN/OUT calls unless something has changed. I was a 13M that reclassified into 97E in the same boat. I couldn't get BEAR but I got Option 3, Army Training.

The only issue is Tagalog. If they are even and don't need it, they might want to re-train you, hard to say. The Army is funny that way.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of pfunk
posted Hide Post
It may be difficult for you to switch over to Tagalog specifically. A guy I know in the course said they are stopping it soon do to a drawdown on operations in the Phillipines. I'm not sure as to the validity of his statement. You can most definitely switch over to 35P to learn a critical language though. That's the whole reason its in the BEAR program.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 25 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You can request reclass through a 4187. The BEAR program is just to get you the training and a bonus. You don't need the BEAR program to get into the MOS.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 29 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post