Find
Notify
Tools

For 12P (21P)
 Login/Join

posted
I am really really LOST!! T.T
I just saw the new MILPER Message Number: 11-175
It does not have the MOS 12p in the list. That means it is not the bear program anymore?? huh~~
My packet was done and i was just waiting my 4187 from unit this week ..what should i do.....all seats are full in the school...now ????? Do i have to wait until my window open??? even my mos is balanced now...i think there is no way to reclass...Im SPC/ My ETS date..June 2013/
OMG~~there is no hope......

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ssonyaa,

Posts: 2 | Location: FORT BRAGG | Registered: 27 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If your MOS is balanced, according to regulations now the only way to reclass is through the BEAR program. You have to be overstrength to get the reclass option. Things could change when your window opens. I would talk to your Career Counselor but, if the MOS is no longer on the BEAR program and you were not locked in yet, then you might not be able to do 12P anymore through the BEAR.

Posts: 86 | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thanks for comments, sgt...that is what i am thinking now ... i thought i did everything that i should do for it but it was not enough...it is what it is...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ssonyaa,

Posts: 2 | Location: FORT BRAGG | Registered: 27 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ReUp63
posted Hide Post
IAW MILPER message 11-126:

SOLDIERS MAY REQUEST RECLASSIFICATION INTO CMF 18, 12D, 12P, 31D, 35L, 35P, 37F,
38B, 79R (SSG ONLY), AND 89D REGARDLESS OF THE IN/OUT CALLS FOR CURRENT PMOS.
ADDITIONALLY, ONLY SOLDIERS THAT HOLD THE SQI OF 4, MAY REQUEST RECLASSIFICATION
INTO MOS 79R.

You may not be able to go into the BEAR program for it anymore, but you can still process it as a VOLUNTARY reclass.

Career Counselor (Retired)

Posts: 473 | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
how often does AIT for 21P start. i want am planning on dropping a packet soon but i don't know if i will be able to make it because of an upcoming deployment.

Posts: 11 | Location: C 1/503D (ABN) 173D ABCT Italy | Registered: 16 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MattU
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ClassicHauler:
how often does AIT for 21P start. i want am planning on dropping a packet soon but i don't know if i will be able to make it because of an upcoming deployment.

If your unit has been notified of a deployment, you're probably fenced-in and won't be going anywhere, except Asscrackistan.

Good Luck!

Matt

CH-47D/F Mechanic
Technical Inspector

AR 670-1/Regulation Mafia

Posts: 394 | Location: Camp Humphreys, ROK | Registered: 25 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That didn't answer my question...i still need to know how often the school is because i may not deploy because of the force cap and if i deploy what is the first opportunity i will have when i return

Posts: 11 | Location: C 1/503D (ABN) 173D ABCT Italy | Registered: 16 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I know the search feature can be problematic, but try searching for the class in the ATRRS catalog. Should show all projected class dates for FY12, but not sure about FY13. You can at least see how often they start, not the best but it is something.

Posts: 209 | Registered: 25 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post

Posts: 209 | Registered: 25 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
disregard question answered elsewhere.

posted Hide Post
I had the same issue while deployed. I had a reservation date for the school to start after deployment. However, the school had an empty seat, and if the First Sgt authorizes you to take it you are golden.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 15 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i went on the engineers website and emailed the person on the contact page.

posted Hide Post
my 1SG said im not deploying so i'll probably end up going to this upcoming class in august or the one in january.

posted Hide Post
There are 3 class starts per year, and the upcoming class has a shortage of applicants from the Army, so expect to see a lot of sailors with you on day one. Typically your orders will have you report at least 15 days prior to start date as it is a PCS move.

Posts: 4 | Location: Fort Riley | Registered: 13 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
ClassicHauler-

Have you received your class date yet? I just dropped a packet as well... waiting to be accepted. So I'm probably looking at Jan 13

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post