ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  The BEAR Program    BEAR reenlistment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BEAR reenlistment
 Login/Join

posted
I am about to graduate from the 35F course and was wondering what reenlistment options I will be entitled to? I am currently on assignment to Fort Wainwright and when I signed for the BEAR program 35F had a tier 6 SRB. I am wondering If I am eligible to reenlist for choice of duty station for a follow on assignment after Alaska? From what I have figured out so far is I will need to reenlist for more than the 3 year minimum for the BEAR, if I am eligible for choice of duty station I am willing to reenlist for 6 under the BEAR program if I can get that option. thank you for your help with this, I haven't been able to get in contact with 1/25 BDE retention.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 20 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm in the process of reenlisting now and I'm also a 35F. Based on what I have experienced during this past reup process it is almost impossible to project an assignment out that far. I tried to project a duty assignment out 1 year and they told me no. So I waited 6 months before I reenlisted just to get choice of duty assignment.

I guess it also depends on where you are trying to go. For instance, I'm pretty sure you can get Korea that far out.

I would get in contact with your gaining unit's retention before anything would be final.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I belive that you will be able to renlistfor water you want. but it may just be needs of the Army. Becasue you pretty much picked something Training. So now its where ever the Army needs a new high speed 35F, I'm going for 35P myself next month.

rgr

Posts: 16 | Location: Fort Stewart | Registered: 29 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post