ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  The BEAR Program    Reenlist to Reclass 35P
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reenlist to Reclass 35P
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all. This is my first post on this forum and thank you for taking the time to read. I have a couple of questions. I have a Reenlistment code of 9k on my erb and have no idea what it means. Could someone tell me? For the 35P portion a top secret clearance is needed. I have a secret clearance already but am still in debt. Would that affect my obtaining a clearance if im showing progress with maintaining debt?

Posts: 2 | Location: Ft. Hood Tx. | Registered: 10 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
9K=Field Bar to Reenlistment

Did you ever have a Bar to Reenlst placed on you ?

Posts: 109 | Registered: 27 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes I had a bar and flag before. The flag was removed but not the bar yet. I will check with my commander about it after i get back from wlc in a couple weeks. Thank you for the reply.

Posts: 2 | Location: Ft. Hood Tx. | Registered: 10 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Depends on how much debt. As long as you're current you should be fine.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 12 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
With the debt issue a couple things you need to consider.

I've processed over 1,000 security packets and this was my experience.

When you apply for a security clearance you need to answer all of the 40 questions at the back of the application. Normally you want to answer no on all of these question, if you can. So the more yes answers the less likely they are going to approve your clearance. So in your case if you have or had medical problems, criminal problems, foreign contacts these are all things that could affect their decision. When you submit your packet for TS be sure to include current credit report, debt payments and other financial statements that show you are improving your dept.

Additionally, when your packet is submitted it will go in front of a board and together a group of people at OPM with determine if you should be granted a TS or not. Recently the Army has been limiting the number of TS clearances but you never know until you try.

Good luck!

Posts: 8 | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post