ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  The BEAR Program    Civil Affairs Selection and Assessment 38B
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Civil Affairs Selection and Assessment 38B
 Login/Join

Picture of Ten Speed
posted
Has anyone out there been to this course recently. I'm trying to find out what the course entails. All I seem to get from their homepage is that it's a ten day course and if selected you will be put on assignment instructions. If possible I'd like to know the overall difficulty of course, what are the tasks given in the course, and what percentage of Soldiers who attend the course actually get selected?

I would like to go, but I because of the the way they do reenlistment I do not want to attend and not get selected because they only select 10%. Because if I don't get selected I imagine I'll be stuck in my current MOS.

Posts: 33 | Registered: 01 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ReUp63
posted Hide Post
You wouldn't reenlist until you complete the training and are awarded the MOS.
You have to apply first and if you're selected you'll be locked in for training. Once you're locked, then you go see your CC to execute a BEAR extension (24 months beyond graduation).

Career Counselor (Retired)

Posts: 473 | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i did selection at the end on november. we had roughly 60 people and I would say 50 of us were selected. To prepare, I would say do some rucks in the morning and run in the evening. yea, 2 a days... thats pretty much all you can do. everything else just kind of comes at you and you have to use your common sense/experience to get past it. you wont find anyone to give you exact details because that would negate the purpose of their selection do to the way it is designed.... Hope that helps...

Posts: 5 | Registered: 28 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ten Speed
posted Hide Post
Thanks mpact, the nutrition rate was what I was looking for. I just didn't want to go to a selection where only 10% suceed (like EFMB or EIB). Once you get selected do they cut you orders for Airborne school and asign you a language directly after?

Thanks again.

Posts: 33 | Registered: 01 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Current selection rates are arounf 65%. Reenlistment and promotion rates are amongst the highest in the Army. If you make it and attend the CA Qual Course - you can walk across the stage with an Associates Degree.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 16 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Speed:
Thanks mpact, the nutrition rate was what I was looking for. I just didn't want to go to a selection where only 10% suceed (like EFMB or EIB). Once you get selected do they cut you orders for Airborne school and asign you a language directly after?

Thanks again.

I'd say the "nutrition" rate is 100% although not everyone eats right. The attrition rate is different and Rich C addressed that. Smiler

Posts: 127 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sergeant Medic:
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Speed:

Thanks again.

I'd say the "nutrition" rate is 100% although not everyone eats right. The attrition rate is different and Rich C addressed that. Smiler

My nutrition rate for the EFMB was about 10%. 40% was from tobacco, 40% caffeine, and about 10% was lost due to the fact I crap blood everytime I use the bathroom.

Posts: 60 | Location: Fort Belvoir | Registered: 31 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Endurance is a big issue with many candidates - the APFT only gets you in the door. It is a physically and mentally challenging course. There is no set quota on how many make it. Good video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nUCOP8eXXA

Posts: 2 | Registered: 16 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
quote:
My nutrition rate for the EFMB was about 10%. 40% was from tobacco, 40% caffeine, and about 10% was lost due to the fact I crap blood everytime I use the bathroom.

Good times!

Posts: 127 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post