ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  The BEAR Program    Deployed till late 2012, want to BEAR to 35P
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deployed till late 2012, want to BEAR to 35P
 Login/Join

posted
I am concerned about

(1) securing a DLI class date for mid-2013 (because I re-deploy in late 2012), and

(2) being able to extend to attend DLI and follow on AIT training (because my ETS is May 2013)

I have a TS and my DLAB is good for all language codes.

When is the soonest I can reserve a seat at the language school for BEAR to 35P purposes? (remember that I re-deploy late 2012, so probably need to reserve a 2013 class start date)

If my ETS date is very close to the start date of a 15-month long language course followed by AIT at goodfellow, will I be able to extend under the BEAR program 36 months so I have the required 24 months afterwards?

Posts: 8 | Location: oef | Registered: 04 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of INTEL NCO
posted Hide Post
try to get in contact with your cc and see what your options are...

All soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership; I will provide that leadership.

Posts: 174 | Location: Fort Bragg, NC | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks...

Will do.

Posts: 8 | Location: oef | Registered: 04 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
INTEL NCO is correct. I will note that it's not exactly easy to always get a class date that quickly to be honest. I missed my original class date because of OIF 1 (granted it was more complicated because 97E - now 35M - went to AIT THEN DLI whereas 98G - now 35P - went to DLI first) and waited 13 months for a new report date.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of pfunk
posted Hide Post
Not sure if you've found the answer to your question yet, but I ran into this same issue when I bear'd to 35P from Afghanistan in 2010. Branch knew I was deployed and made sure to give me enough time between redeployment and my class start date. About 8 months. Also I had to extend 4 years to ensure I had enough time to complete the training pipeline, 2 years of which were waiverable if I completed training early.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 25 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Can you ask to shorten that time between redeployment and the class start date? I'd rather not do too much area beautification...

Picture of pfunk
posted Hide Post
Sure. You can ask them. You may not get the answer you want, but it's worth a try.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 25 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post