ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Education  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    education benefits for spouses?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

education benefits for spouses?
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know what educational programs -- if any -- are currently available for spouses? My wife is wanting to go back to school, and I'm trying to see if there's any way I can get the Army to foot some of that bill.

Posts: 257 | Location: Ft Sam Houston | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes, if she joins she can get up to $83K for college and TA of $4,500 a year.

in all seriousness there was a program that paid $6,000 for college for spouses but so many signed up that they cancelled it.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post

Posts: 458 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 08 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
that SSEAP looks like it's seriously worth looking in to! Thank you!

Posts: 257 | Location: Ft Sam Houston | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post

Posts: 458 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 08 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I just went indef and I am trying to find out how to transfer my GI Bill to my wife and kids. Our reup guy hasnt been very knowledgeable on this subject. Any one got any info on to do this?

" take offs are optional, landings are mandatory "

Posts: 1 | Location: ft. campbell | Registered: 07 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You have to have I believe 4 years TIS left and then you go to see your Brigade Career Counselor who electronically stamps their OK that you aren't flagged, have passed PT tests ETC, and then that gets submitted to VA where it is processed for a worst case of 6 weeks (some only took a month) and then congratulations your wife has some brain bucks....

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post