Community's Community is an Army Forum

hello everyone. i need some help. i am a newly promoted NCO and i was a grader on the last APFT. and i had a female soldier in my line who had a larger chest. while doing the push-up event her chest hit the ground before breaking the plane required to count the push-up. i counted all of them that she did. did i do the right thing.
Posts: 3 | Registered: 25 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
"Scorers must allow for differences in the body shape and structure of each soldier. The scorer uses each soldier’s starting position as a guide throughout the event to evaluate each repetition. The scorer should talk to the soldier before the event begins and have him do a few repetitions as a warm-up and reference to ensure he is doing the exercise correctly." Furthermore, "your chest may touch the ground during the push-up as long as the contact does not provide an advantage. You cannot bounce off the ground."

That's verbatim from the FM/TC. Might try checking there next time. Also, I think this question is in the wrong forum. Might try reading what the forums are about next time too. Hope this helps.
Posts: 14 | Registered: 26 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post