ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Education  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    The Army and Private Student Loans
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Army and Private Student Loans
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, I've got a question in regards to Private Student loans. I've already received a majority of my Student Loan Repayment which has all gone to paying off my outstanding student loan. I still owe around about $15K in Private Student loans to the Sallie Mae monster. Now my real question is if anyone knows any assistance programs related to the Military in getting more assistance to pay off these outstanding loans so I can raise my credit score. Any help or insight is much appreciated.

Everything I've found so far is only related to deferments, forbearance, or the GI Bill, which I'm ineligible for since I took the SLRP option. I've never been late on any of my payments, I'm just looking for options to help me pay off this debt faster or possibly lower my interest rates on the debt.

68W SPC

Posts: 14 | Registered: 16 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I think your best bet for loan repayment will be related to employer reimbursement or loan forgiveness for particular careers, such as teaching.

Student loans (like Federal Direct Stafford and Consolidation Loans) can be forgiven for certain public service employees. Typically, you'll still have to pay back a certain percentage of the loan, or may a certain number of payments before forgiveness kicks in.

Posts: 1 | Location: Centerville, UT | Registered: 19 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post