ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  News and Announcements  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    PT Flag Removal Help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PT Flag Removal Help
 Login/Join

posted
I was flagged last November for failing my PT test by one pushup. I've been trying to take another one for the past several months but my unit wouldn't let me. So last week, my unit let me take a diagnostic PT test for our company as a record. I told the grader that it was a record before the first event started and he anotated that on my sheet. I took the PT test and passed everything with the lowest score being a 68. I was just informed today that they won't count it as a record now because I did not get at least a 260 on it. My NCOIC tried talking to our chain of command but they told him no, that they won't remove my flag. I was supposed to get promoted next month if I passed this PT test, so now I'm pretty pissed off. What should I do?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 22 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
First I must say don't ever let yourself get in the way of your career. There are a lot of opportunities in the military. You can not do any of them if you fail a PT test.

Is this your first fail?

From AR 350-1:
Soldiers who fail a record APFT for the first time or fail to take a record APFT within the required period will be flagged in accordance with AR 600–8–2. In the event of a record test failure, commanders may allow Soldiers to retake the test as soon as the Soldier and the commander feel the Soldier is ready. Soldiers without a medical profile will be retested no later than 90 days following the initial APFT failure.

If they did not retest you within 90 days of the initial failure they are wrong.

I think I would say, "I am confused. I was looking through Army Regulation 350-1 and I am not sure if I read it correctly. Does it say that you have to be retested no later than 90 days of an initial APFT failure?"

Also from AR 350-1:
All Soldiers must attain a score of at least 60 points on each test event or receive a “GO” on the alternate aerobic event. If a Soldier does not attain a minimum of 60 points in each event or a “GO” on an alternate aerobic event, the Soldier is an event failure. When a Soldier fails one or more events, the Soldier is a test failure. Exceptions are listed below:
(a) Soldiers in basic combat training (BCT) must attain 50 points on each event or a score as determined by HQDA, DCS, G–3/5/7, in coordination with TRADOC. (This exception does not apply to advanced individual training (AIT), one station unit training (OSUT), or leader development schools.)
(b) Soldiers awaiting initial entry training (IET) may be tested, but no formal record of their score will be maintained.

They can not require a 260 for a record because regulation says 180 with 60 in each event.

Be very care full what you say as they can make your life hell.

Posts: 167 | Registered: 14 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post