New
Find
Notify
Tools

31D/CID
 Login/Join

Picture of Gentry
posted
Im a D.E.P. with a 25B contract. I don't ship off until july 7th as of now, I want to end up going through OCS and get into 31D. I am willing to do anything to get into the CID, What should I do?

Posts: 4 | Location: Susanville, Ca | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
Getting 3ID is very easy ... just volunteer.

Going to OCS requires 60-90 college semester hours.

Here are the requirements for CID:
http://www.cid.army.mil/recruiting.htm

Good luck!

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Caffeine Addict
posted Hide Post
Yeah 3ID is looking for Soldiers (specifically in 1st Brigade) for and upcoming deployment later this year.

You shouldn't have too hard of a time getting in.

Posts: 431 | Location: U.S. Army Garrison Yongsan (living it up in South Korea!) | Registered: 28 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Gentry
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help

Posts: 4 | Location: Susanville, Ca | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I thought CID doesn't accept Commissioned Officers, only enlisted, so how would you be able to go to OCS and then go into CID?

Posts: 5 | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am currently and officer in the army and wanted to go into MI or CID unfortunately the way OCS is set up even with a master's degree I didn't get either of those choices and recently found out that a commissioned officer can no go into CID. It is definately unfortunate.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MattU
posted Hide Post
You can apply to CID as an enlisted Soldier and then once you meet the requirements, you can apply for Warrant Officer Candidate School (WOCS) to be a CID Warrant Officer.

Matt

CH-47D/F Mechanic
Technical Inspector

AR 670-1/Regulation Mafia

Posts: 394 | Location: Camp Humphreys, ROK | Registered: 25 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The fine agents in CID land are always looking for new recruits (as a soldier in a CID unit, I've been approched numerous times by agents to join). The good news is that there are CID offices everywhere and most of the agents will be happy to assist you with the information that you will need before you can join. Be warned though, if you like the army (the discipline, the structure, the common military courtesies) then joining CID might not be the best thing for you. I've been in 2 different CID units and was deployed with 1, they take some getting used to.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 15 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MattU
posted Hide Post
I am in the process of putting together my CID application packet. It is a lot of work and chasing down documentation. However, I think I should be able to submit it by the end of this month.

From my interview/briefing, it sounds like a lot of work, a lot of long hours, but it also sounds very rewarding.

Matt

CH-47D/F Mechanic
Technical Inspector

AR 670-1/Regulation Mafia

Posts: 394 | Location: Camp Humphreys, ROK | Registered: 25 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post