ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  MOS Questions    Medical or Intelligence?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Medical or Intelligence?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, I am researching some different MOS's and I have narrowed it down to medical and intelligence. I feel like I would have more fun with medical but I feel as though intelligence will have more benefits.

Any input?

Thanks!!

Posts: 5 | Registered: 29 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
It is your decision, no one here can tell you which one will be best for you, except you. I would pick intelligence, but that is me, someone else could come in here and say medical...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
What do you want to do after Army?
Medical opens up lots of opportunities- intelligence is a little more specialized and trickier to predict- but you'd be looking at a security clearance.

Medical would offer other training..

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well I eventually want to move into civil affairs but I was told that I cant submit for that until I reach e-7. The security clearance is very appealing as it makes me very marketable for when I do leave though I would not mind staying in the medical career. My hold up is that I feel like I would do the most good in medical. conflicting interests.

Thank you for your input Smiler

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deanna Leonhart:
Well I eventually want to move into civil affairs but I was told that I cant submit for that until I reach e-7.

Intel, paralegal would be good for that endgoal. But if you want to do medical, it's a good career field. Never a shortage of people getting sick or hurt. Wink

Jobs on the civilian side are more predictable there as well. Whatever you choose, know now that you will spend quite a bit of time outside the MOS. The army doesn't pay for janitors or lawn people for everywhere- lower ranking soldiers do that.

Also you will spend glorious hours at rifle ranges, most units spend Monday morning checking the tires and oil on the trucks they are assigned, plenty of fun briefings on a wide variety of exhilirating subjects, etc...

Then IF you get to work in your job, count yourself lucky. Big Grin
(I am communications and spent my first 6 months after training working as a mailclerk. Then years later I worked 6 months as the Unit paperwork guy. For a year I was assigned to teaching Privates at AIT (MOS school).)

But do what you're told, try your best, and the Army can be very rewarding.
Good luck to you!

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
PS- It will take 7-12 years to get promoted to E-7. Pick something you will have interest in doing.

posted Hide Post
That's some great advice. I really appreciate it!!

Also, thank you for the actual facts. Haha.

All my best