Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

31b dog handler
 Login/Join

posted
I am wondering when I join for military police how hard is it to get into the dog handler program? I am very good with dogs have been breeding them and training them for years. Any info is appreciated thank you.

Posts: 5 | Location: Dover AFB | Registered: 03 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If you haven't joined yet, and know you want to do K9. Do not join as a 31b. Join as a 31K. According to MP Branch, on Human Resources Command (I know this mumbo jumbo to you, but basically its the MP corps gods) all Working dog school slots for the next 2 years are being taken up be IET (initial entry training (new soldiers)) soldiers. If you know you want to do K9, tell your recruiter you will not settle for anything other than 31K.

Posts: 43 | Location: Fort Polk | Registered: 26 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
@pet21 from what I read 31k is now just becoming a mos and won't be open to recruits until late 2013

Posts: 5 | Location: Dover AFB | Registered: 03 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FTR_Tweak
posted Hide Post
You are right Aaron.

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way

Posts: 85 | Location: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: 31 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post