ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Sergeant Morales Board    Trying to digitally signing documents with my CAC.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trying to digitally signing documents with my CAC.
 Login/Join

Picture of DS Utley
posted
If there is anyone that is CAC savvy, maybe you can help me here. I am trying to use my CAC to sign a soldier's NCOER support form, but when I click the box all I get is a dialog box that says, "no signature" and it's acting if there is no CAC inserted. So I click on the icon and it shows my info and certificates so I know it works. Am I doing something wrong here? Anyhelp would be appreciated.

Posts: 237 | Location: Ft. Jackson, SC | Registered: 21 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG Prophet
posted Hide Post
What's that have to do with the Sgt Morales board?

And when that problem presented itself (repeatedly to different soldiers) in my old unit we were told to get new CACs. After getting a new CAC it worked.

Posts: 339 | Location: Ft. Meade, MD | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FrierFly
posted Hide Post
Regarding digitally signing documents...
There are 2 things you need:
* CAC card
* ApproveIT software

The approveIT software reads the information on your CAC and uses it to "sign" your document.

Check this forum post or go straight to the Army Small Computer Program website to download a copy of ApproveIT.

Posts: 29 | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post