ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army National Guard  Hop To Forums  New York National Guard Discussion    can you get bah if you dont have legal custody
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

can you get bah if you dont have legal custody
 Login/Join

posted
iam a ng from new york i have my own place me my girl and my son live together where not married and i dont have joint custody of our child i just enlisted feb 1st i ship out to basic and ait on sep 3rd.. 1st ? do i get bah 2nd ? how can i get bah for having a child without legal custody. 3rd ? and when i get to basic wat do i bring toget bah

Posts: 4 | Location: bklyn nyc | Registered: 17 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 92a88nsqi4&8
posted Hide Post
If you told MEPS about your kid and provided their birth certificate then yes you are entitled to BAH. Take the original one with you when you ship. Sounds like you should have joined active and not the Nasty Girl

Posts: 8 | Location: The depths of Hell AKA USAREC | Registered: 10 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
That is if he is on the birth certificate, right? I mean he says he has no custody of the child, the kid might get benefits such as DEERS, TRICARE but without custody he cant get BAH. Then again the NG might be completely different on this issue.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
if the child is living with you does that count for anything iam on the birth certificate iam his legal father me and his mother just dont have any court ordered child support or joint?? anything??

Posts: 4 | Location: bklyn nyc | Registered: 17 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You need to get a court document for custody before you can claim BAH. You always have to have some supporting documentation for things like that. The Army is not going to just take your word for it. The only thing you can get with just a birth certificate is health care for your child.

Posts: 272 | Registered: 27 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LadieJA74
posted Hide Post
your recruiter should of had you do a family care plan prior to enlisting. it is not only for single mothers! with the birthcert of the child should surffice to get bah type one! i have seen training post also request a notorized letter from the childs mother explaining the childs father financal responsability. try to google bah reg you can find more info in it!

Posts: 10 | Registered: 15 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I mean he says he has no custody of the child

http://www.cheapfreerun-tn-au.com/

NIKE AIR PENNY V SUR INTERNET CHINE (chaussuresnikes-pascher.com)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ1xv_9U-mI

Posts: 5 | Registered: 07 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post