ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army National Guard  Hop To Forums  New York National Guard Discussion    how to get the homeland security mission
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how to get the homeland security mission
 Login/Join

posted
iam a national guard from new york i heard about the homeland security mission how do you qualify for it what are the proper steps in gettin in to it pref someone who has allready done it sound advice please!!

Posts: 4 | Location: bklyn nyc | Registered: 17 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
Could you specify? Homeland security has a lot of missions.

Posts: 1086 | Location: Germany | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was in the Guard for a little while during my college time and voluntered to deploy when cash ran short. Ya, some ppl get jobs but I went overseas.
Anyway, I talked to the guy who ran the orderly room and he was able to pull up a list of slots open that you can volunteer for. I had a choice of Iraq, Afghanistan, Cuba, Bosnia, Kosovo, Africa, plus some missions in Washington, D.C. and the surrounding area.
I really cant remember what the list is called, but for each country there will be a list of which MOS are needed and some are immateriel, meaning it doesnt matter what MOS you currently have, plus it will tell you the length of the tour.
Its a really good way to get some active duty time under your belt, plus make money. And the list is updated every week or two.

Posts: 176 | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JasonT
posted Hide Post
There are memos that are sent out to most of the units that are within the area of a SAD mission. If you check with your unit clerk they might have info. I don't want to give contact specifics over a forum but you should ask specificly for SAD missions.

Posts: 10 | Registered: 09 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I know there is something through AKO and GKO to find out what units are going and if they need volunteers as well as other missions you can apply for. Not sure actually how to get to the areas on the sites. But try it dont hurt...

Teddy Smiler
SPC / 13BU6

Posts: 16 | Location: 11234 | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I talked to the guy who ran the orderly room and he was able to pull up a list of slots open that you can volunteer for.

http://www.ebrand123.com/

Bone nike lebron James gold rouge color chaussures Hommes (chaussuresnikes-pascher.com)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UITXzUOBKW8

Posts: 5 | Registered: 07 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sxdxdx:
I talked to the guy who ran the orderly room and he was able to pull up a list of slots open that you can voKW8[/url]

GO AWAY, SPAMMER!

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hellz
posted Hide Post
just in case someone was actually interested...

the site to view all avail "deployements" is:

https://mobcop.army.mil/tod/default_new.aspx

im not sure if this is something for AD Soldiers, but it is primarily for Nasty Guard and Reserves.

You will need to log in with your Cac or AKO info.

Posts: 185 | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post