ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Bonuses    BEAR Bonus
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BEAR Bonus
 Login/Join

posted
So I signed a BEAR contract and then the MOS fell off the BEAR list. So when I graduate the AIT, will I be locked into the BEAR bonus, or will I be able to get the SRB bonus currently in effect for the MOS?

Posts: 23 | Location: JBLM | Registered: 17 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So you signed an "extension" for BEAR, am I understanding you right?

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes, signed an "extension". I graduate AIT on Sept. 20th.

Posts: 23 | Location: JBLM | Registered: 17 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
SRB bonus is a re-enlistment bonus, since you extended, I do not think you would be eligible at all for this.

Posts: 178 | Location: Fort Myer, VA | Registered: 21 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It dosen't matter if the MOS you extended for comes off any current BEAR MSG you will still get the Bonus in which you extended for at that time. Inclose is Para graph from the Bear MSG.

E. UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF TRAINING, SOLDIERS PARTICIPATING IN THE BEAR PROGRAM AND
ENTITLED TO AN SRB WILL BE PAID EITHER THE BONUS AMOUNT IN EFFECT AT TIME OF EXTENSION IN THE BEAR PROGRAM OR THE BONUS AMOUNT LISTED IN THE SRB ENHANCED PROGRAM ON DATE OF
REENLISTMENT, WHICHEVER IS HIGHER.

Posts: 36 | Registered: 19 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks to each of you for the answers, guess I jumped the gun and was able to find it myself in the RMT message in effect.