ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Bonuses    Chapter 18 Recoup Bonus?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chapter 18 Recoup Bonus?
 Login/Join

posted
I am being seperated under chapter 18, will I have to repay my re enlistment bonus that I received in Iraq in 2006?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 16 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tankerboy:
I am being seperated under chapter 18, will I have to repay my re enlistment bonus that I received in Iraq in 2006?

Your paperwork should state if you have to pay it or not...you might have to pay the difference between the time you served on your current enlistment.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG Prophet
posted Hide Post
From my understanding, if you reenlisted under the deployment reup program, finishing your deployment fulfilled your monetary obligation.

However, TransAm may be right. It depends on what your reenlistment terms were. You should read over your contract and speak with your career counselor to go over the fine print.

Posts: 339 | Location: Ft. Meade, MD | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
Because Chapter 18 is a non-punitive involuntary separation, you are not required to repay your bonus.

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have a soldier that is getting chapters for over weight. will he still be able to keep his gi bill?

Posts: 11 | Registered: 21 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
with the new GI Bill, no because you must get a honorable discharge, and getting out over weight you get a general discharge.

Posts: 19 | Registered: 25 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JuniorBragg
posted Hide Post
I am pretty certain the regulation says differently. I am on an MWR computer now, but will check, quote and repost. I do not believe CH 18 is general, as AR stated in previous post it is not punitive.

Posts: 183 | Location: Ft. Bragg | Registered: 29 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nurdt01
posted Hide Post
Ch 18 under AR 635-200 is an honorable discharge:
e. The service of those separated per this chapter will be characterized as honorable, unless an uncharacterized description of service is required for soldiers in entry-level status.

Posts: 64 | Location: Fort Riley, KS | Registered: 29 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Chapter 18, is solely an Honorable Discharge separation.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This is a Bonus related question:
I'm in the process of MOS Reclass. My new MOS is offering the MOS Conversion Bonus and its also under the Selective Reenlistment Bonus. Can you get both the MOS Conversion Bonus and the SRB? Thanks.

Posts: 16 | Registered: 03 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post