ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Bonuses    Bear Bonus Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bear Bonus Question
 Login/Join

posted
I recently extended and successfully completed MOS training via the bear program.

After the training I signed a 6 year contract and was paid the said bonus for this time. This was roughly a year ago and I have since been paid the bonus.

My question is if I put in for an application MOS and get picked up for it will there have to be any kind of repayment for this bonus?

Posts: 13 | Registered: 21 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Public_Health_Huh?
posted Hide Post
Yes, you will have to pay it back. Basically, you did not complete the terms of the contract.

Posts: 200 | Location: Presidio of Monterey, California | Registered: 23 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Illernoise
posted Hide Post
6 year contract
you completed 1
they will recoup 5 years worth of that bonus

Posts: 660 | Location: Ft. Drum | Registered: 16 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
SO how does this work when I have 2 years left on my contract and re-enlist. I will in turn cancel the remaining 2 years left on the current contract and receive a new bonus (hypothetically) with the new contract.

posted Hide Post
Also I do know for a fact that if I was to put in either a Warrant or an OCS packet that I would not have to recoup any of the bonus. Which is why I am asking.

posted Hide Post
Not necessarily true that you would have to repay. Which MOS are you looking to apply? If you look at the milper messages for the reclass instructions, it'll sometimes tell you whether a bonus will be recouped or not. I reclassed to 25E a year ago, then looked into 35Q, and at the time of application the bonus recoupment was being waived. Just check into it with a career counselor.

Posts: 23 | Location: JBLM | Registered: 17 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Also, look up DA PAM 611-21, it's the MOS smartbook, it'll tell you the exact requirements to reclass into every MOS. They have bonus requirements in there for certain MOS's.

Posts: 23 | Location: JBLM | Registered: 17 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am 15W right now but I am looking at the 51C that just opened up.