Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ReDuX
 Login/Join

posted
Just trying to narrow down all the research I have been doing this. I am about to reenlist. I have a DIEMS date of 19990210. I had some national guard time and my BASD is 20000117. My carreer counselor said I qualify for the redux once I re-enlist for redux even though I am not on my 15 year mark and finance goes of my DIEMS date for the 30,000 dollar pay out. I just want to make sure this is the case before I get suckered into another trap...lol. Some of you will know what I am talking about. I want to use the Redux for investing into my side business for when I get out. Am I good to go?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 30 July 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The CSB should be based on AFS (BASD not DIEMS). DIEMS is used to determine what retirement programs you can use (in your case, high 36 or REDUX).

Earliest you should be looking at the CSB would be around July 2014.

I have no first hand experience with this since most of the troops I deal with get non-regular retirement.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
OK...well no re-up for me then...i will hold off. no need to do it since there are no other bonuses out there. I wish everyone would get on the same page with this because I am getting 10 different answers. Thanks for the help though.

posted Hide Post
Is there a reference to your information. I have looked at the regulation itself and I can't see the info you are giving to be valid. it leaves it open for interpretation.