ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Bonuses    Enhanced Bonus Calculator vs. SRB
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enhanced Bonus Calculator vs. SRB
 Login/Join

posted
Just a quick question-

Last year I reclassed from 11B to 89D. I had to re-enlist for the minimum amount of time so that way I could fit all eligibility requirements for acceptance into 89D.
I am approacing my graduation in Aug.2008. My question is this:

How do I determine what bonus/amount I will be receiving? The Enhanced Bonus Calculator seems to have cut me off by about $10,000 vs. the SRB. Is the Enhanced Bonus Calculator sticking, or is there a possibility of the SRB coming back?

My 1SGT advised me to do my extension after graduation (to once again push my ETS date back to meet requirements) but NOT work one day of my extension when I get to my unit, rather immediately re-enlist for my bonus.

Guess my questions are kind of scattered. All in all. Is there a chance that the Enhanced Bonus Calculator will go away this year? How can I figure what my bonus will be for an 89D? (I am in Zone B-6 years of service) Lump sum...is that before taxes?

I know this is confusing. If you need more information, just ask. I am a little confused myself!

Thank you!

Posts: 3 | Registered: 19 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pricecheck:
Last year I reclassed from 11B to 89D

Was this a voluntary reclassification or was it the BEAR Program?

quote:
How do I determine what bonus/amount I will be receiving? The Enhanced Bonus Calculator seems to have cut me off by about $10,000 vs. the SRB. Is the Enhanced Bonus Calculator sticking, or is there a possibility of the SRB coming back?

The "Enhanced Bonus Calculator" is just a calculator. (Which is currently under revisions)
MILPER Message 08-068 is the SRB Enhanced Program. This is the new way to calculate bonuses.

quote:
My 1SGT advised me to do my extension after graduation (to once again push my ETS date back to meet requirements) but NOT work one day of my extension when I get to my unit, rather immediately re-enlist for my bonus.

Wow, this is some very piss poor advice which doesn't make a bit of sense. It makes so little sense that I highly doubt a 1SG would even mention it. Confused

quote:
Is there a chance that the Enhanced Bonus Calculator will go away this year? How can I figure what my bonus will be for an 89D? (I am in Zone B-6 years of service) Lump sum...is that before taxes?

The Enhanced Bonus Calcualtor will go away when the SRB Enhanced Program goes away ... but this isn't going to happen.

You'll need to figure your addition obligated service (AOS) by subtracting your current ETS from you new ETS (when you reenlist).

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was going to go into 89D under the BEAR program, but was over on time in service by 2 days. So, I am doing it voluntarily.

As far as the "piss poor advise" that you "highly doubt" a 1SGT would mention. Well, sorry to say that, but he did. Apparently not all of us can have our knowledge straight, regardless of the leadership position we're in.

Thank you for the information and the time that you have provided me with.

Career Counselor
posted Hide Post
quote:
As far as the "piss poor advise" that you "highly doubt" a 1SGT would mention. Well, sorry to say that, but he did. Apparently not all of us can have our knowledge straight, regardless of the leadership position we're in.

You really shouldn't take this personally, but you'll see throughout your career that many Soldiers give out ill-informed information without actually taking the time to research. You cannot simply extend for no reason. I know you and your 1SG may have a good reason, but it is probably not in line with the needs of the Army.

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Now I am becoming quite confused! :0P You see, I need to have a certain amount of time left in the Army upon graduation of EOD school. I will not have that, so he advised me to extend to get me into that position and then re-enlist once I get to my new duty assignment. He told me that I will not be able to re-enlist here because it's a quick in/out process once I graduate.

I plan on talking to retention as soon as I can find the time. Just thought I would see if I could get any information on here, so this way I won't walk into the office clueless and get "screwed over" as far as bonus, extension/re-enlistment, etc.

Thank you again!

Career Counselor
posted Hide Post
quote:
He told me that I will not be able to re-enlist here because it's a quick in/out process once I graduate.

It takes about 5 minutes to reenlist. It may take about 30 minutes to get all your paperwork and certificates completed.

Yes, when you attend a military school, you'll receive a service remaining requirement (SRR) for that school; this SRR should be satisfied PRIOR to attending school. I'm surprised you got into school.

Talk with your Career Counselor down there and see if you can reenlist right after you graduate.