ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Bonuses    CID and reenlistment bonus help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CID and reenlistment bonus help
 Login/Join

Picture of DCruz213
posted
Greetings.
Currently I am a 37F (Psyop) and I am in my reenlistment window. I have submitted my packet for CID a few months ago and am still waiting on word. My question is: If I reenlist now and get the bonus under 37F, and then later my CID packet gets approved, would I owe the bonus back to the Army? I have talked to my Career Counselor, but he says things like "I would say.." and I was hoping someone had a little more insight? Thanks for your help.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 23 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Public_Health_Huh?
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure you'd owe the army the bonus back. Due to your failure to meet the contract... Yep.

Posts: 200 | Location: Presidio of Monterey, California | Registered: 23 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Are we talking 31D or 311A?

I'm assuming you're RA, and I can't speak with authority on their policies.

USAR side, recoupment and termination isn't required if the reclass was due to normal career progression. This would normally be for MOSs within the same CMF (e.g. a 91J becomes a 91C at SSG). You shouldn't have to repay your bonus just because you get promoted.

31D is a bit special in that it is not available as skill level 1. 35L, CMF 18 and CMF 79 are the same. This means that those MOSs are considered normal career progression for any MOS. See DA PAM 611-21.

Again, I'm not qualified to say you'll keep the bonus, but this provision is easily overlooked.

Now if it's a warrant packet, I'm not sure what to tell you. USAR and RA policy are much more likely to diverge on this one.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of DCruz213
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help. Yes, I applied for a 31D postion AD. I appreciate the regulation reference, Daddy Warcrimes, as a DS I rely on them heavily and I will ensure my CC is tracking the DA PAM. Again, Thanks

Posts: 3 | Registered: 23 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post