ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Bonuses    Reclass to 97E (Interrogator)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reclass to 97E (Interrogator)
 Login/Join

posted
I am thinking of changing MOS's to 97E Interrogator, and after training reenlisting for the BEAR bonus. I believe that's how it works.

What I want to know is if I can get Language of choice in my contract and/or assignment of choice.

I have not taken the DLAB yet, but I am sure I can do fine. I can read/write/speak korean, can speak spanish, and have formal training in latin, Italian, and German.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 27 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
This is the way the BEAR Program works:

- You'll extend for 2-years past your schools training end date.

- You'll attend training and upon successful graduation, you'll reenlist for Option 1, Regular Army and the bonus.

Since you will be reenlisting for Option 1, you cannot get station of choice.

Also, as for the Language portion, the SME will reply soon.

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
Read my website on MOS 35M (formerly 97E)...it will answer your questions about the language school and other information:

http://www.ej20.us/35M

You will 99.9999999999% (I don't say 100%, because if I say 100%, the next thing I know pigs will fly and I will look stupid) not get language in your contract because the MOS is currently not language dependent. As per the 35M branch webpage:

quote:
ATTENTION: THE LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT FOR MOS 97E HAS BEEN SUSPENDED FOR ALL RANKS AND WILL BE REVIEWED ON AN ANNUAL BASIS. ALL SOLDIERS RECLASSIFYING INTO THE MOS WILL NOT PCS TO DLI, BUT WILL INSTEAD BE DIRECTLY ASSIGNED INTO A PRIORITY UNIT. DURING THE SUSPENSION PERIOD, DLI WILL REMAIN AN OPTION FOR 97Es WITH SIGNIFICANT TIME IN THE MOS, BUT ONLY AS A REENLISTMENT INCENTIVE. ALL 97Es WHO CURRENTLY POSSESS A LANGUAGE ARE STILL REQUIRED TO MAINTAIN PROFICIENCY IAW AR 611-6. SEE MILPER MESSAGE 06-159 FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

If you can read/write/speak Korean (are you a native Korean?) then you would be best off to take the DLPT in Korean. If you score a 3/3 in reading/listening you will be paid $400 per month in FLPP (foreign language proficiency pay) once you are MOS qualified. If you can 3/3 in Spanish you should get another 2-300 more per month. You can have a max of three languages for a total of $1000 per month.

AR already covered the actual BEAR specifics, so I'm not going to delve into that.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My window opens in April and Im looking into reclassing as a 97E. I already have a secret clearance, would that follow me or would I have to redo the paper work?

Posts: 19 | Registered: 16 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post