ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Bonuses    Location based SRB question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Location based SRB question
 Login/Join

Picture of Lx22
posted
I got a quick question about SRBs. In milper message 12-294 regarding SRBs the location specific bonuses how do they work? I'm a little confused about them. Currently I am an AD 11B2G with assignment instructions to RASP and 75th RR. In the location based table (para.5) it lists 11B SGT in 75th Ranger having a bonus tier of 8. Would I be able to qualify for this since I'm en route to 75th. I'm confused as whether that is a overseas bonus or stateside bonus too as the wording on the message is confusing. Furthermore para. 7c seems to negate any bonus whatsoever for soldiers in or assigned to 75th RR, which does not make any sense to me. Those positions shouldn't be listed in the table if they don't qualify for an SRB I would think. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
You'd have to re-enlist and have it in your contract to get ANY bonus.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of erikwithak86
posted Hide Post
If you make it through RASP and airborne school and make it to Regiment, and then if you are eligible to reenlist, you would qualify for the 75th RR assignment SRB. The bonuses that are assignment based are generally the stateside bonus.

I'm pretty sure that the para 7C that you're talking about is just talking about you not making the SP OPNS CMD bonus because 75th and 160th, while a part of Special Operations Command, have their own unique bonuses. Meaning, if you are assigned to the 75th, you have to qualify for the one of the 75th location specific bonuses.

Get through RASP man and then when you get to the unit see the career counselor.

Posts: 707 | Registered: 18 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post