Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Able to wear CIB after reclass
 Login/Join

posted
I am an 11B who was in active duty who was awarded a CIB during deployment but i transferred to Army Reserves after my contract and i am reclassing to a 31B and i know i am allowed to wear my CIB still but where in AR 670-1 does it say i can?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes you can, you earned it, any award you earn you can wear no matter if you re class or not. If you earn an ARCOM and reclass can you still wear it?

Posts: 29 | Registered: 17 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
When I reclassed 31B, there were former 11Bs that were in my class and had it sewn on their BDUs. Based on that group of badge, you cannot then earn a CAB and wear them both at the same time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B...e_United_States_Army

As described in Army Regulations 670-1 Uniforms and Insignia, badges are categorized into marksmanship, combat and special skill, identification, and foreign.[1] Combat and Special Skill badges are further divided into five groups.[2]
Soldiers are authorized to wear a total of five badges from the marksmanship and combat and special skill categories; no more than three can come from the marksmanship category, only one badge each from Groups 1, 2, and 3, three from Group 4, and two from Group 5.[3] And only two identification badges are authorized over each pocket.
These badges are worn in order of precedence (Group 1 the highest). Marksmanship badges are worn after any special skill badge. Badges within the same group may be worn in any order.[4]

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hellz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
When I reclassed 31B, there were former 11Bs that were in my class and had it sewn on their BDUs. Based on that group of badge, you cannot then earn a CAB and wear them both at the same time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B...e_United_States_Army

As described in Army Regulations 670-1 Uniforms and Insignia, badges are categorized into marksmanship, combat and special skill, identification, and foreign.[1] Combat and Special Skill badges are further divided into five groups.[2]
Soldiers are authorized to wear a total of five badges from the marksmanship and combat and special skill categories; no more than three can come from the marksmanship category, only one badge each from Groups 1, 2, and 3, three from Group 4, and two from Group 5.[3] And only two identification badges are authorized over each pocket.
These badges are worn in order of precedence (Group 1 the highest). Marksmanship badges are worn after any special skill badge. Badges within the same group may be worn in any order.[4]

I know this is a little old, but I want to make sure that it is clarified.

you CAN earn a CAB if you have already earned a CIB, but Chief is correct in that you can not wear both at the same time. its one or the other

Posts: 185 | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post