Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weapons Qual Badges
 Login/Join

posted
I have seen this in another thread but do not feel that I got a clear answer. Are soldiers allowed to wear 2 weapons qual badges if they are only assigned one weapon?

example- A soldier qualifies with an M16 and an M9 but is only assigned the M16. Are both badges authorized?

Posts: 10 | Registered: 18 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of WiFiWarrior
posted Hide Post
Yes. AR 600-8-22

Posts: 43 | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
You wear the last qualification and it never expires (assuming you don't fail or requalify after). So technically I could wear bayonet (yes, they actually qualified us at Ft. Knox in 2001), M16, M249, and M9. I only wear my M9 one though.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of fidesnemo24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 35M3LN7PF:
So technically I could wear bayonet (yes, they actually qualified us at Ft. Knox in 2001), M16, M249, and M9. I only wear my M9 one though.

You can wear any combination of clasps, or Q-Bars, for the weapons you are qualified on, provided they are the same rating (i.e., Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman), but you can wear no more than three clasps per marksmanship badge, reference AR 670-1.

RIFLE SQUAD LEADER, 1-508 PIR, 82D ABN DIV

Posts: 2 | Location: Fort Bragg, North Carolina | Registered: 13 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Maldo 175
posted Hide Post
I qualfied with the 84mm M3 Carl Gustav in Ranger Bat but cant find any paperwork to say if that would be under anti-armor or recoiless rifle.
Anyone have any ideas or experience on that?

SGT Maldonado

Posts: 1 | Location: Hunter Army Air Field | Registered: 05 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of davi4669
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 35 Series:
You wear the last qualification and it never expires (assuming you don't fail or requalify after). So technically I could wear bayonet (yes, they actually qualified us at Ft. Knox in 2001), M16, M249, and M9. I only wear my M9 one though.

I went to Basic at Ft. Knox in 2001 also, and I remember qualifying on the bayonet course. I'd love to wear that clasp, but can we if there's no paperwork?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 17 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post