ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Uniforms, Awards and Decorations    Winter to summer PT uniform change??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter to summer PT uniform change??
 Login/Join

Picture of nschimke
posted
I cant remember the exact date to switch to summer pt's. I'm here at FT. Lewis. Is it the same date everywhere??

Always fire a warning shot...18 inches above the steering wheel!!

Posts: 18 | Location: Ft. Lewis | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I think it is a command specific thing. When I was at Ft. Polk, I was told we switched to winter PTs on 1 October. When I went to Germany in late November we were still in shorts and t-shirts "to acclimatize us for colder weather". I haven't seen anything in FM 21-20, and I have never seen AR 350-15, but if there is a specific date, it should be in thoes two pubs. If not, or even if so, stick with command guidance. If there is no command guidance (and you can get away with it, like squad leader or PSG) decide for yourself based on the weather.

Go Kinetic!

Posts: 99 | Location: Baghdad | Registered: 01 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG Hammy
posted Hide Post
KineticMedic is right. It is a command decision. It may come from your company or as high as your Division, but they ultimately make that decision. Usually though everyone uses 1 Oct and 1 Apr for the dates to change from Winter to Summer and vise versa.

Posts: 215 | Location: Ft. Lewis | Registered: 24 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post