ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Uniforms, Awards and Decorations    Winter Physical Fitness Uniform - Wear of Long Sleeve T-Shirt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter Physical Fitness Uniform - Wear of Long Sleeve T-Shirt
 Login/Join

posted
I have heard in the past that when wearing the "Winter IPFU" we are required to wear the long sleeve t-shirt underneath this, but have been unable to find it in writing. My unit did the 1 OCT switch to the winter uniform even though it is still nice enough out for the summer uniform. The commander has not provided discretion. Is it within AR to wear the short sleeve T-Shirt with the Winter IPFU?

Thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sleepysteve79
posted Hide Post
14–6. General guidelines paragraph (a)
Thereare no restrictions on the combination of IPFU items worn, unless the commander has prescribed a particular combination for formation. Standards of wear and appearance specified in paragraphs 1–7 and 1–8 of this regulation apply at all times.

Posts: 50 | Location: 525 BfSB, Fort Bragg | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
If I know we're keeping the jacket ON, I wear the shortsleeve unless it's REALLY cold. Otherwise I try to see what most people are wearing..

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5281 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
670-1 states: There are no restrictions on the combination of IPFU items worn, unless the commander has prescribed a particular combination for formation.

Most commands that I have seen consider the long sleeve under the jacket as well as shorts under the pants to be the "winter" pt's, and including a fleece cap and gloves. Definitely get with a team or squad leader to find out or anybody that has been there long enough to know for sure.

Posts: 20 | Registered: 02 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
yeah my section leader told everyone to wear the short sleeve AND the long sleeve...reasoning being if we needed to down-grade further. I've never heard of this before and pretty sure it's not authorized. Besides, if you're actually doing the PT your body will over-heat. I mean come on...two shirts, shorts, pants, and a jacket? Seriously? I already know the shorts under the pants...that's common sense...but both shirts? Anyone heard of this before?

Posts: 22 | Registered: 27 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpecialK!:
yeah my section leader told everyone to wear the short sleeve AND the long sleeve...reasoning being if we needed to down-grade further. I've never heard of this before and pretty sure it's not authorized. Besides, if you're actually doing the PT your body will over-heat. I mean come on...two shirts, shorts, pants, and a jacket? Seriously? I already know the shorts under the pants...that's common sense...but both shirts? Anyone heard of this before?

I doubt it's unauthorized and I've actually done that on my own a few times, on really cold mornings when I knew I would be working out on my own in the gym after formation...but it sounds too silly to tell my Soldiers to do it for organized PT. But I hate wearing the shorts under the pants, feels like I'm wearing a diaper.

Posts: 164 | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post